New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Figured I'd test my mac a bit before posting here...

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

marvolo

marvolo is on a distinguished road

I bought a MBP almost a week ago and well, so far so good! I can't honestly say that I haven't missed Windows (old habits die hard!) but I'm sure I'll come to love my Mac and OSX itself in time.

Anyway, minus the airport trouble I had originally, everything has been smooth sailing! I've really liked the trackpad and the sleekness of everything.

One of my biggest peeves, and hopefully someone can help me out: There doesn't seem to be any alternative to iTunes! If you know of any please let me know! I miss the id3 taggging in Winamp and Foobar.
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2009 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

You can do ID3 tagging in iTunes. Just select the song and press command-i.

There are some free MP3 taggers out there if you prefer to use one, however, such as Tagr.

Play around with iTunes a bit, I think you'll find that it's actually pretty awesome!
QUOTE Thanks
marvolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas_m View Post
You can do ID3 tagging in iTunes. Just select the song and press command-i.

There are some free MP3 taggers out there if you prefer to use one, however, such as Tagr.

Play around with iTunes a bit, I think you'll find that it's actually pretty awesome!
Yeah, I do know you can tag in iTunes. But I'm looking for automated tagging that Winamp and Foobar or Mediamonkey... most Windows music players had. I did download Tagr but that is just as tedious as iTunes.
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2009 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

Ah, maybe Pollux then?
QUOTE Thanks
Aqua

Aqua has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro, 2.4GHz Core2 Duo 10.6.8, MacMini

Welcome to MusicBrainz! - MusicBrainz

'I eat brainz' was the best (and sounds to be what you were looking for, if you can find a copy of it, it my still work) but it's no longer available but it was created by the above and they do have alternatives. Other than that you could get something like parallels (I would advise 5.0 and nothing below) or others. There are free pc emulators out there and I think the others offer trials...

invincible ignorance is an example of ignorance that can not be removed by any amount of evidence. It's now a widespread form of pollution. (Revised quote) An apple a day, keeps the psychiatrist away.. If you play a Windows install CD backwards it has satanic verses
QUOTE Thanks
stewabr

stewabr is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" MBPro (mid 2009) 3.06Ghz 8GB RAM 500MB 7200RPM NVIDIA GeForce9400GT 512MB RAM

Check out TuneUp | Digital Music Management and Music Discovery for iTunes

I use it and find to be pretty good.
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewabr View Post
Check out TuneUp | Digital Music Management and Music Discovery for iTunes

I use it and find to be pretty good.
Another vote for TuneUp. I don't care for how it wants to startup with iTunes all the time, but once properly tweaked, it does a superb job.

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks
marvolo

Thanks guys!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Practice Mac | Hello from a happy new Mac Mini owner »