Specs:
    MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013)
    Intelligent Resizing
    Hi all, I've been hanging around for some time and thought it was probably time I joined up. A few months ago I bought myself a new iMac after having used them at uni and enjoyed them. I rarely miss Windows, and when I do I just log into Windows 7 via Boot Camp or Parallels. Now, I know that many Mac users swear by the intelligent resizing, and maybe it's my Windows background, but I can't just handle it. I understand that it's an attempt not to waste desktop real estate, but given that Spaces works so well, I don't see the need. If I'm browsing I don't want distractions in my vision. I can easily Command-Tab to another app, or better still simply switch to another Space with Control-Arrow. Anyway, is there a way to turn intelligent resizing off? I'm assuming thought that it's probably app specific, would this be correct? If so, does anybody know how to turn it off, or otherwise 'completely maximize' Chrome? I'm a long time Firefox user, but Chrome seems rather interesting and I'd like to give it a go. Cheers

Specs:
    15" MBPro (mid 2009) 3.06Ghz 8GB RAM 500MB 7200RPM NVIDIA GeForce9400GT 512MB RAM
    I hate and I mean hate "intelligent" resizing. It is one of the few things that Windows is clearly superior in. To get the same feel as Windows download an app called RightZoom and put in your startup applications.
    Right Zoom for Mac - Free Mac software downloads and software reviews - CNET Download.com

Specs:
    Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
    Quote Originally Posted by orbit79 View Post
    If I'm browsing I don't want distractions in my vision.
    I'm just the opposite. I don't view that as a distraction, but rather as accessibility.

Quote Originally Posted by stewabr View Post
    I hate and I mean hate "intelligent" resizing. It is one of the few things that Windows is clearly superior in.
    Not from my perspective. I prefer the intelligent resizing approach.

Specs:
    21" iMac * 2.8 Ghz Intel Core i7 * 16GB 1333 Mhz DDR3 * 1TB HD *AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB
    You should at least have an option in System Preferences though. Glad I found this tool.

Specs:
    Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
    ^ Agreed. The Mac platform has always been about customization. That's why we love our Macs so much.

Thread Information