New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Switch to Which Mac?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

vinylist

vinylist is on a distinguished road

Hi people-
If I'm posting in the wrong place let me know (where) please, but it seemed appropriate...

I'm getting ready to switch from DellHell to Mac in a few months, and have begun the audio portion of my research. I have a Beresford TC-7520 DAC running to my home stereo, and a Bellari VP-530 tube phono pre-amp for burning in my vinyl collection. My question is what would be the best Mac to go with from an audiophile angle? I'm partial to laptops but SO not set on one. Imac, Macbooks, Mac Pro, etc...which one? and which model model will give me the best options for my audio needs? Keep the stock soundcard or upgrade? Tweeks etc...Any experience, or how you've got yours set up would certainly be of help. I'm not crazy about the expression "audiophile" but I'm certainly more than an avid listener. Also I've already got TB of external storage for the music collection that is Mac compat. And any other sites y'all think are worthy to post on would help too. Grazie!
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

Everyone will come in and give there opinions, but i have a 2008 MB white and cant be happier with the sound that comes out of it. Im not a audiophile but do enjoy my tunes, and i have a good 5.1 system coming out of mine, and i get complaints from the neighbours not BC of the type of music i play but from the sound. Bass rumbles through the walls, floors and ceiling without a problem.

So what im saying is the low end of Mac's are in the top end for sound

Im happy

cheers

CogFrog Studio's ~ Photography, Apps and Web Development
Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

Note: moved to a better forum

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!
QUOTE Thanks
vinylist

U r the man, thanks!
QUOTE Thanks
vinylist

After posting in many, many places, talking to some Mac/Guru friends, and Jeff over at Beresford (My DAC maker), for me the best way to get my audio and Mac needs met, seems to also be a money saver as well! Instead of a way buff Mac Pro at 2,800$ minimum, with the add-ons I want, it would seem that a 699$ Mac-Mini as my dedicated music maker/server etc...& a mid range Mac Book Pro at about 1,500$ for the art and biz would be the best of all worlds. Crazy huh? Any thoughts? Please let me know, if for any reason, this doesn't seem to make the most sense to you. And thanks everyone for all your help and patience.
QUOTE Thanks
RavingMac

RavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 4GB Mac Mini 2012, 13" MBA, 15" MacBook Pro OSX 10.7, 32 GB iPhone 3GS, iPad2 64gb 3G

I would definitely reccomend the MacBook Pro. You can get a very good deal from the Apple store on a refurb with the same as new warranty . . . of course it would be hard to go wrong with any of them.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Converting to Iphone | Intelligent Resizing »