New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Worth every penny

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

generic chick

generic chick is on a distinguished road

Speed, beauty, ease of use, and longevity aside, this computer just earned the right to last week's raping and pillaging of my bank account.

I spent the afternoon with my great aunt; 91, my grandmother; 87, and photo booth. I don't think I have ever seen either of them laugh like that before. The pointing and the giggling and the tears were endless. I left my grandmother's at around 4pm, at 7:30, she called me to ask if the sunglasses on her table were mine. I said I'd drop by in the morning to pick them up. "Are you bringing your computer with you", she asked.

I should make a commercial.
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

Wait till they see the iPad.
QUOTE Thanks
droflex

droflex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by generic chick View Post
Speed, beauty, ease of use, and longevity aside, this computer just earned the right to last week's raping and pillaging of my bank account.

I spent the afternoon with my great aunt; 91, my grandmother; 87, and photo booth. I don't think I have ever seen either of them laugh like that before. The pointing and the giggling and the tears were endless. I left my grandmother's at around 4pm, at 7:30, she called me to ask if the sunglasses on her table were mine. I said I'd drop by in the morning to pick them up. "Are you bringing your computer with you", she asked.

That sounds like a blast! Glad you all had fun.

To get the most out of photo booth you can do the following:

If you have dark hair use a white background that is well lit.

If your hair is blond/grey use a black background.

The background contrast is very important.

Illuminate your face with extra lighting because the flash from the screen is not enough. A flashlight will work.

The attire your wearing should be in contrast to the background as well.

Example: Blond hair, white shirt, white background will give you problems.

The more contrast the better.

Have fun!

Cheers!

Any rebroadcast, retransmission or other use of this posting without the expressed, written consent of the NFL is strictly prohibited.
QUOTE Thanks
cuhnool

cuhnool is a jewel in the roughcuhnool is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3

You will have many more experiences where you're just like "wow, that was easy", or "I love how this works" or even just "wow!" as you continue your journey in learning about your Mac. Except now that you have that book, you can just read all of that

QUOTE Thanks
EndlessMac

EndlessMac is a jewel in the roughEndlessMac is a jewel in the roughEndlessMac is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 2.8 GHz 15" MacBook Pro OS X 10.7.x & some old Macs

Quote:
Originally Posted by generic chick View Post
You should. I'm sure Apple will also like the part about raping and pillaging of your bank account.
QUOTE Thanks
MYmacROX

MYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2008 15" MBP ML, 2012 21.5" iMac ML

That's so cool. My dad calls my MBP "the magic box". I get the impression he's impressed with it.
QUOTE Thanks
generic chick

generic chick is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas_m View Post
Wait till they see the iPad.
Maybe I'll convince her to buy one for me to test drive. I think she'd be disappointed by the lack of camera though. Now that's a novel sentiment, isn't it? Perhaps my grandmother is more cutting edge and hip than she knew!

Quote:
Originally Posted by droflex View Post

To get the most out of photo booth you can do the following:

Have fun!

Cheers!
Thanks for the tips. I'm not sure you can have more fun than watching two little old ladies make fun of each other. My g-aunt actually pushed her sister out of the frame so that she could make her own forehead bulge "better".

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuhnool View Post
You will have many more experiences where you're just like "wow, that was easy", or "I love how this works" or even just "wow!" as you continue your journey in learning about your Mac. Except now that you have that book, you can just read all of that
It's a pretty good book, but I think the experience is outshining it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndlessMac View Post
You should. I'm sure Apple will also like the part about raping and pillaging of your bank account.
People would buy more of them just because they admitted to the raping and pillaging, out loud!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYmacROX View Post
That's so cool. My dad calls my MBP "the magic box". I get the impression he's impressed with it.
Don't let him touch it, you'll never see it again.
QUOTE Thanks
TheGreatApple

TheGreatApple is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Late 2009 MBP 15 Inch, iPhone 4, iPad 2

This is awesome to hear!

I've never had as much joy working on any computer as I did and still have with my mac.

**** That's Good Beer! - The Orignal Beer Bloggin' *******
QUOTE Thanks
SpinningCompass

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndlessMac View Post
Buy a Mac and help rebuild the Economy! If only Cash for Clunkers extended to PCs...
QUOTE Thanks
Emptee

Emptee is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2.4Ghz, 2Gb, 160HDD & 10.6.2 / Aluminum Keybaord & Mighty Mouse / WD MyBook 1TB

That's truly a touching story in it's entirety it really is. Isn't it great how so much joy can come from such a beautiful and amazing machine?
QUOTE Thanks
Letter10

Letter10 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacPro|MacBooks|iPhones|iPods|iPad

great story! i have done the same thing with my nieces and nephew, they love making faces and playing with the effects...great way to introduce the young and the old to the computer!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« 5400 vs 7200 rpm Unibody MBP HDD | Phantom file on desktop »