New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

How do I delete an entire time machine backup and setup the external hardrive again

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

DJfThWdz

DJfThWdz is on a distinguished road

I want to just start over from scratch. How would I go about doing this. I know it was simple I just can't remember for the life of me I want to backup my computer as it is at maximum capacity and then just delete the stuff I don't actively use. THanks!!
QUOTE Thanks
r.spitz

r.spitz is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mac mini (late 09) 2.26, 2 gb, 160, 1 tb hitachi 7200 ext hdd. Macbook 2.26, 4 gb, 360 hdd 3G Iphone

Couldnt you just go into disk util and erase/format the drive after that the next time you plug it in time machine should ask if you want to use it for back up.
QUOTE Thanks
DJfThWdz

DJfThWdz is on a distinguished road

Yes I think So Thanks... Wish I hadn't deleted all the stuff I had to try and fit a second backup ugh....
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« VM Fusion 3 | Recording Video »