New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Chrome or Safari?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Mr. Drums

Mr. Drums has a little shameless behaviour in the past

I just installed Chrome on my pc, and I like it a lot. Does anyone here use it on MacBook? Can't find any comments from people using it it on their Macs....if any are out there, how do you like it? I like Safari, but some say they hate it and prefer Firefox. Just looking for a few opinions. Thanks all.
QUOTE Thanks
tinavisions

tinavisions is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Model Name: MacBook Model Identifier: MacBook4,1 Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo Processor S

I tried Chrome on my Macbook and didn't like it. I also don't like Safari so use Firefox. Guess it's down to personal preference
QUOTE Thanks
Mr. Drums

Mr. Drums has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Why didn't you like Chrome? I use Firefox as well on my pc, but what do you like about it over Safari?
QUOTE Thanks
tinavisions

tinavisions is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Model Name: MacBook Model Identifier: MacBook4,1 Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo Processor S

i dunno - to be honest I am so used to FF and like the extensions. I guess if I gave Chrome more time I'd get to like it. But FF does me, so I don't change
QUOTE Thanks
Raz0rEdge

Raz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 27" i7 iMac, 24" iMac, 13" Macbook Air, iPhone 5 & 5S, iPod Nano 7th Gen, iPad 2 16GB WiFi, iPad 3

Browsers are purely personal..I've been a long time Firefox user and tried Chrome when it was first released, but lack of extension support sent me back to FF. Now that Chrome has extension support..I'm back to using it again.

I do find it to be faster (and lighter) than FF..

Regards
QUOTE Thanks
Kevriano

Kevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.

Currently I use Chrome on my iMac and Safari on the Powerbook (because it doesn't support Chrome). Chrome is nice, but does have some issues still of course, being Beta.

Try my custom Mac Forums Search Engine: Mac Forums Google Search

Please use the reputation system if you consider any help given useful (it's the little ✓/✘ on the left <---)

QUOTE Thanks
TheGreatApple

TheGreatApple is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Late 2009 MBP 15 Inch, iPhone 4, iPad 2

I much prefer Firefox than any other browser on my MBP (or pc for that matter) cause of all the add on's that I used. But that being said, it's def. NOT the fastest and eats up memory. I have noticed that Chrome does indeed seem to be the fastest for me, but the difference is so small that I rarely use it anyway...usually just for testing.

I also find that Chrome isn't as compatible around the net as FireFox or Safari.

**** That's Good Beer! - The Orignal Beer Bloggin' *******
QUOTE Thanks
toMACsh

toMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to all
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core 2 Duo

I don't get the "browser wars". I use Safari, bit have used Firefox a little. I stick with Safari only out of habit. Either one works. I don't feel the need to try any others. Maybe my browsing is just so mundane that I can't tell much difference between them.
QUOTE Thanks
fridayxiii

fridayxiii is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mac Specs: 13" white MacBook | 2.26GHz Intel Core 2 Duo | 2GB RAM |250GB HDD

I used FF for a loooong time on my WinXP machine, then got hooked on Chrome when it came out. Now that I'm solely a Mac user I use Safari on my MacBook, though I do have Chrome installed.

I can see little differences in the way Safari runs on my MacBook that make it a far better browser than it was on a Windows machine. I also see things Chrome did on Windows that Safari does on my MacBook. I might try Chrome again but can't see myself going back to FF. Just my $0.02...

Other Apples: 8gb 4th gen iPod Nano | 16GB black iPhone 3GS
QUOTE Thanks
DarkestRitual

DarkestRitual is just really niceDarkestRitual is just really niceDarkestRitual is just really niceDarkestRitual is just really nice
Mac Specs: 13 inch alMacBook 2GHz C2D 4G DDR3, 1.25GHz G4 eMac

I'm running chrome and it smokes safari in terms of speed loading web pages, but isn't as fast at booting.
QUOTE Thanks
PapaNoHair

PapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nice

Still sticking with Safari mostly - use FF occasionally for a few sites. Play with Chrome a little each day.
QUOTE Thanks
clayneal

clayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s

Makes me wonder if I am doing something wrong . I use safari out of the box with ClickToFlash and thats it.

Clay

MY ADVICE COMES WITH A DOUBLE YOUR MONEY BACK GUARANTEE!
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

I love Chrome on my PC, not so much on my Mac, mainly because Chrome mimics Safari's keyboard shortcuts, and that's the primary reason I don't use Safari. So it's Firefox on my Macbook for me.

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
Dillinger-63

Dillinger-63 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 13 Inch, 2 Mac Mini's 1.66 & 1.83, 2- iMac Intel i3 iPhone 4 & iPad 2 32 gig.

Another Safari w/ClicktoFlash user here.

My Avatar is in memory of my beloved K-9,
Dillinger who was killed in the line of duty.
QUOTE Thanks
Chris H.

Chris H. is a jewel in the roughChris H. is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: late 2009 MacBook - 10.9

Safari. Period.

Firefox gave my old PC a virus (thanks to an exploit in the search box, a similar exploit gave one of my other PCs the same virus, only this was IE8), it crashed on my PowerMac G4 and I don't like Google for anything but what it originally was- an internet search engine.

 iPad mini 1st gen - iOS 8.0.2
 iPod touch 5th gen - iOS 8.0.2
 Mac mini Server M10 - OS X 10.9.5
 MacBook Uni L09 - OS X 10.10 PB4
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« So glad I made the switch!!! | Delete programs / apps »