New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Smileys (Emoticons) for iMail

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Arielluria

Arielluria is an unknown at this point

I searched the forums here and found nothing about this....are there any smiley programs/apps one can download to use with iMail to insert emoticons/smileys into a message?

A righteous man has regard for the life of his animal (Proverbs 12:10)
Adopt a pet on petfinder.com
Mac OSX
QUOTE Thanks
Emptee

Emptee is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2.4Ghz, 2Gb, 160HDD & 10.6.2 / Aluminum Keybaord & Mighty Mouse / WD MyBook 1TB

InterfaceLIFT Icons: Emoticons

let me know how it goes. If you have any more questions feel free to pm me.
QUOTE Thanks
Arielluria

Arielluria is an unknown at this point

Thanks. But got 404 error

A righteous man has regard for the life of his animal (Proverbs 12:10)
Adopt a pet on petfinder.com
Mac OSX
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, Yosemite

Note that the emoticon set is dated August 2005. Quite possible it no longer works for later versions of OS X.

Regards.
QUOTE Thanks
Greenman

Greenman is on a distinguished road

Try imail Edit Special characters

won't have one !
QUOTE Thanks
RadDave

RadDave is a glorious beacon of lightRadDave is a glorious beacon of lightRadDave is a glorious beacon of lightRadDave is a glorious beacon of lightRadDave is a glorious beacon of lightRadDave is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: MBP 13" (2013); 2.6 GHz i5; 8 GB RAM; SSD 256 GB; OS 10.10.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arielluria View Post
I searched the forums here and found nothing about this....are there any smiley programs/apps one can download to use with iMail to insert emoticons/smileys into a message?
Hello - well, emoticons & smileys are already built into OS X - just go into System Preferences > Keyboard > Keyboard (top menu option) - then check the bottom box (see left pic below) to show the character map in the top right menu - when clicked an option is given to 'Show character viewer' (see pic below right) - numerous different characters are grouped - I selected the Emoji option (which has 5 sub-categories) - hope this helps? Dave
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen Shot 2013-11-25 at 10.55.25 AM.png (73.7 KB, 14 views)
File Type: png Screen Shot 2013-11-25 at 10.56.03 AM.png (116.7 KB, 14 views)
QUOTE Thanks
Slydude

Slydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2.8 GHz MacBook Pro 10.8,3 8 GB mem, 2.66 GHz Mac Pro - Dead, iPhone 4

Didn't know that those were there. Thanks. Don't use them often but nice to know they are there the next time I get the urge.

Sylvester Roque Former Contributing Editor About This Particular Macintosh

"Got Time to breathe. You got time for music." Denver Pyle as Briscoe Darling
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Printing album list | Syncing music from Mac Book Pro to I-Pad »