New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Time capsule/Time machine "finishing backup" issues

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

stephenheath30

stephenheath30 is on a distinguished road

Hi all and thanks for taking the time,

I recently bought a 500 TC and after a lot messing around i have the thing working, well near working, perfect.

The problem is, everytime it does a back up, which sometimes it has nothing to back up, it never finishes the job. In the end all i get is time machine giving me the "finishing back up" remark but the dam thing never actually finishes.

I have left it in the above state for sometimes hours just to see of it would finish and alas no joy!! Also, if i try and do anything else on my Macbook, while time machine is working, the "beach ball of death" apears and freezes my computer. Hence, everytime my Mac backs up i have to crash my computer which is annoying to say the least.

I did a lot of reading around various problems when using time machine and TC but can't find any solutions but lots of problems. TC is the worst apple product i've ever brought, it's been nothing but up hill trying to get this thing to work just like it says on the box.

I'm wondering whether its the TC or simply that time machine doesn't like my computer for some reason.

Does any one have any thoughts on this or even greater a solution to this problem.

Many thanks

Steve

Macbook, Leapord OS, 4G RAM, 160HD, iphone, inano, ipod, TC
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Purchase Help: 17" MBP Reliability? | Planning on the switch »