New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Apple and Fedex Home Delivery?? Help

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

kzoodesigner

kzoodesigner is on a distinguished road

So I ordered a iMac and selected free shipping becuase I was told by apple that it wod be shipped fedex ground. Fedex shows it's Being shipped "fedex home delivery" I did a little research and I'm hearing that home delivery is the worst service and Ill be lucky if I get my mac on time or at all.

Anybody with any experience with "fedex home delivery" ??

I also am reading that you can't arrange a pick up at a fedex location via this method.

Please help tell me my iMac is safe.
QUOTE Thanks
Sawday

Sawday is a jewel in the roughSawday is a jewel in the roughSawday is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 24" Aluminium, 2.8 GHz, 4Gb RAM. iPad2, iPhone4

Of course it's safe. Have you used the tracking number to check where exactly it is?

Happiness is not getting what you want, but wanting what you get.
QUOTE Thanks
wirelessmacuser

wirelessmacuser is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MBP 2.66GHz / 4GB / 320GB / Matte 15"

I use FedEx Ground as well as Air quite frequently. There is no better service in my experience. Even UPS has not been as accurate, reliable and fast as FedEx.

As suggested earlier, be sure you use your tracking number to watch it's progress.

You may call or use the web to track your package.
QUOTE Thanks
baggss

baggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 18.8.2-64Gb iPad 2-32 Gb iPhone 5-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage

Why did you post this in 2 forums? That's really frowned upon here and won't get you an answer any faster.

QUOTE Thanks
kzoodesigner

Tes of course I have a tracking number it actually says it hasn't even been picked up from apple yet and I ordered it last week.

I'm looking for people with any bad or good experience using this shipping method of " home delivery" on items ordered through apple.

Thank you for your replys!

As far as fedex being reliable any my past experiences.
They lost a $700 package of mine once and did nothing for me because I didn't have insurance.

I'm hoping Its safe I've heard other horror stories on different forums regarding fedex home delivery
QUOTE Thanks
kzoodesigner

Also I didn't think it posted in the other forum my bad I'll try to delete it
QUOTE Thanks
baggss

baggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 18.8.2-64Gb iPad 2-32 Gb iPhone 5-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kzoodesigner View Post
Also I didn't think it posted in the other forum my bad I'll try to delete it
Gotcha. The board can be weird like that sometimes. You can't delete it, but if you use the little "!" at the bottom below your name you can ask the staff to do it for you.

By the way, Welcome!

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Compressing Compressed Files | Mac to MAc file transfer »