New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Brought the wife over to the light side

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

JeremyZ

JeremyZ is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro 13", 4th gen Touch

Some of you may remember about a month ago, I bought a Macbook Pro, based on comments here.

My wife was pretty mad, since we didn't technically "need" a new computer. I was just recovering everything on the old tower PC. But I was fed up and wanted something that just works.

After using mine a few times, she agreed that I was right, waited for a refurbished Macbook Pro to come up on apple.com, and bought one for herself too. Now she is thanking me for "making her get it."

If she can't see that I was right at the time, at least she can admit when she's wrong after the fact.

If it's worth doing, it's worth OVERdoing.
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyZ View Post

at least she can admit when she's wrong after the fact.
HAHA do you really thinks she will go that far ?
But well done on the conversion. . . . . . .

CogFrog Studio's ~ Photography, Apps and Web Development
Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyZ View Post
After using mine a few times, she agreed that I was right, waited for a refurbished Macbook Pro to come up on apple.com, and bought one for herself too. Now she is thanking me for "making her get it."

If she can't see that I was right at the time, at least she can admit when she's wrong after the fact.
Congrats. That's a BIG change of opinion!

My wife is always right...and I'm always wrong!

If she's right I'm wrong...and if she's wrong I'm wrong...but she's still right!

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
clayneal

clayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s

Sweet...If i would have had a wife that cool I might still have a wife !

Clay

MY ADVICE COMES WITH A DOUBLE YOUR MONEY BACK GUARANTEE!
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by clayneal View Post
Sweet...If i would have had a wife that cool I might still have a wife !

Clay
Reminds me of the argument I had with my wife this morning...I'm in the "doghouse" at the moment!

Of course I was wrong...but then I'm always wrong!

- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
QUOTE Thanks
clayneal

clayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigoo3 View Post
Reminds me of the argument I had with my wife this morning...I'm in the "doghouse" at the moment!

Of course I was wrong...but then I'm always wrong!

LOL surely you are used to this by now ?

My ex once told me the only thing I was ever right about was marring her !

Clay

MY ADVICE COMES WITH A DOUBLE YOUR MONEY BACK GUARANTEE!
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

Quote:
Originally Posted by clayneal View Post
LOL surely you are used to this by now ?
I should be used to it by now...but I don't give up easily!

- Nick

QUOTE Thanks
Chris H.

Chris H. is a jewel in the roughChris H. is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: late 2009 MacBook - 10.9

Well if my Dad weren't such a brand loyalist, I'd be convincing him to switch to Mac, since he already complains about the problems he has with Windows every now and then. And he knocks Mac for being too (insert obscene word followed by an adjective).

I switched to Mac because I've had enough of viruses, trojan horses, worms, attacks, the registry, missing DLL's, corrupted program files, XP, Vista, Windows Live One Care (big mistake) and Windows XP Media Center Edition going corrupt as a whole when upgraded to SP3. I can fix it with a few tools that the OS discs have, but that's a headache for another day.

Hello Mac!

 iPad mini 1st gen - iOS 7.1.2
 iPod touch 5th gen - iOS 7.1.2
 Mac mini Server M10 - OS X 10.9.4
 MacBook Uni L09 - OS X 10.10 PB1
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2009 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

It's funny how I never get tired of reading switcher stories!
QUOTE Thanks
HBlaine

HBlaine is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: AlBook G4/1.5Ghz 15" - Pismo 400 Mhz - MacBook 2.26 Ghz

Strangely, this just reminds me why I'm still unattached...

"By three methods we may learn wisdom: first, by reflection, which is noblest; second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third, by experience, which is the most bitter."
~ Confucius
QUOTE Thanks
toMACsh

toMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to all
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core 2 Duo

If she sees it, it's gonna take you at least an hour to discourse on the difference between light and heavy vs. light and dark!

"You look lovely in that _______, dear."
"It can't make you LOOK fat if you're not. Er, because you're not!"

"But, you love the Mac, right?"

My wife has been a very casual user of computers up until starting some online courses with the aim of getting her Masters in order to boost her retirement income. She is now learning some very basic "ins and outs" of using Finder, Word, various types of attachments to e-mails, etc. I'm the instructor (for the computer stuff, that is). The first lessons did not go well, as I was astounded at her lack of familiarity with "simple" things. Once I realized that up to now, she'd mostly used the Mac for simple e-mail messages to family members, I became much more patient. (I figured she knew more just because her folder has multiple Word and Excel files in it. But, come to think of it, I created a few of those for her!) Now the lessons are ending on a much "lighter" note!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Transfer of iTunes | Pixresizer For Mac? »