New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Burning DVD movies

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

swoosta

swoosta is on a distinguished road

I have ripped a dvd film onto my macbook using mac the ripper, is it possible to burn it to a duel layer dvd? The folder size is 7 gigs
QUOTE Thanks
harryb2448

harryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i5 2.7GHz OS X.9.4 and OS X.10

Do not discussing ripping here. Mods will probably close this down!
QUOTE Thanks
Zeptogram

Zeptogram is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: BlackBook 2 GHz 2GB RAM 120GB HDD

Just because it's ripped doesn't mean that it is illegally obtained. It may be a DVD that this user owns and is making a backup copy of. That said, I'm skeptical that this is indeed true!

I'll go with harryb2448 here.
QUOTE Thanks
Kevriano

Kevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.

Still alive! - mods must be sleeping

DL burning is a dark art that works for some and not others.

Try my custom Mac Forums Search Engine: Mac Forums Google Search

Please use the reputation system if you consider any help given useful (it's the little ✓/✘ on the left <---)

QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeptogram View Post
Just because it's ripped doesn't mean that it is illegally obtained. It may be a DVD that this user owns and is making a backup copy of. That said, I'm skeptical that this is indeed true!

I'll go with harryb2448 here.
Even if you own the DVD, the simple act of ripping it is illegal in the US, since copy protection mechanisms must be broken.

With that said, the OP didn't mention that it was a commercial DVD. If that's the case, we don't permit discussion of ripping commercial DVDs on this forum.

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Planning on the switch | Wireless Printer help »