Thread: Moving files

Moving files
    This has probably been asked but I couln't find anything so here goes. Comming from windows I used a prog called faststone A simple pic viewer that would allow me to quickly view my pics,decide which ones i'm gonna keep and just drag them into the file on my hard drive. I can't seem to find anything that works that easy with mac. So with that in mind I'm trying to use finder. I put my sd card in. pull up my photos. Now I want to move them instead of copying them In windows I could click on the little plus sign in the tree folder and open up sub folder of any directory. Then drag and drop into that folder. I can't figure out how to do that on mac. I've read were ppl can do it but I stil can't figure it out. When I'm in finder I can't open up the tree like in windows so when I click on the pics all I can seem to do is drag them to what ever is there.

Specs:
    20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
    You can just drag and drop the images you need on to the desktop, or make a folder on desktop for you to drag them into.
    It's really that easy.
    Try my custom Mac Forums Search Engine: Mac Forums Google Search

Please use the reputation system if you consider any help given useful (it's the little ✓/✘ on the left <---)

Specs:
    Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
    Quote Originally Posted by jnsuffolk View Post
    In windows I could click on the little plus sign in the tree folder and open up sub folder of any directory. Then drag and drop into that folder. I can't figure out how to do that on mac.
    List View is most similar to Windows Explorer. I don't quite understand your last statement (not quoted). Are you using Icon View only?

Specs:
    27 iMac i5, MBP 13 & iMac 20, 2TB dual TC, AppleTV, iPh4S
    Using this you can just click on file to select it then tap space bar for a preview then Command W to close preview, then deal to the file as u want. With Launchbar it is quick to launch and keyboard driven except for one click to select file.

Specs:
    Unibody MacBook Pro 2.26, 4gb RAM, 500gb HD
    There's a dozen different ways to move them around, but here's the one I would try...

Open Finder. Hit Command-N. This will give you a second Finder window. Make one your source and the other your target destination. Tap spacebar to preview the highlighted pics in the source window, and drag the desired ones from one window to the other.

Has anyone used this Move To app?

Thread Information