Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: .iso

Specs:
    Macbook Unibody 2.26 Dual, 2GB RAM, 250 GB HDD
    Alright thank you.

Specs:
    2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)
    If we knew what the image was for or what it contained we could help installing whatever it is. Care to share with us what it is?
    Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
    M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
    Writing a Quality Post

Specs:
    No, because it does not matter. You assume I am committing a crime, but I am not. With all due respect, I do not believe that an innocent man has to "prove" his innocence. It is the burden of the accuser to prove guilt. As I have said three times, it is not illegal. But nevermind. I will google it and do the best I can.

Specs:
    15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
    Quote Originally Posted by OnceYouGoMac View Post
    No, because it does not matter. You assume I am committing a crime, but I am not. With all due respect, I do not believe that an innocent man has to "prove" his innocence. It is the burden of the accuser to prove guilt. As I have said three times, it is not illegal. But nevermind. I will google it and do the best I can.
    It does matter if you want the help. Suggest you re-read the following post.

Quote Originally Posted by cwa107 View Post
    It only matters because we can't get into much detail as to the answer to the second part of your question of "how do I install it?". As I said, a disk image, much like a real CD or DVD, can contain just about anything. If it's a movie, audio CD, operating system, or a single application, it can be handled or installed in many different ways.
    What the iso contains will affect how you deal with it.

It really has nothing to do with legitimacy here.

If you can't share specifically what you're attempting to do, you cannot expect specific help.

If you can't even share the general answer as to whether it contains audio tracks, a video, an OS X application, a Windows program/executable, or some other file types, then you can't expect to receive even a general answer.
    I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
    In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.

Specs:
    Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), Monoprice 24-inch second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB
    Quote Originally Posted by bobtomay View Post
    If you can't even share the general answer as to whether it contains audio tracks, a video, an OS X application, a Windows program/executable, or some other file types, then you can't expect to receive even a general answer.
    +1, but no worries ... I think the forum's got a "read" on this poster now ...

Specs:
    2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)
    Quote Originally Posted by OnceYouGoMac View Post
    At no point did I accuse you of nefarious activity or intent. I'm trying to help, not make you look bad. As bobtomay said, if you don't tell us what the app is, we can't help you with your issue. Remember, you came to us, not the other way around.
    Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
    M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
    Writing a Quality Post

Specs:
    27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 10.10.2 -64Gb iPad 2-64 Gb iPhone 6+-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage
    To misquote the bard:

"Me thinks he doth protest to much".

Specs:
    Look, I do not appreciate being accuse of committing crime without any evidence. Please stop doing that. Thanks. I hereby withdraw the question.

Specs:
    21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
    Mate i really dont think anyone is accusing you of anything. From what i have read, people are trying to be diplomatic to your situation, WHICH could be construed as illeagl.
    If you get up on the high horse you probably want get much more help ...

Ohh yea you have withdrawn the question ....

Goodluck
    Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
    Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
    MoTM ☆☆☆

Specs:
    15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD
    OK, I think we've had enough here. Regardless, the question has been answered to the best of our ability, given limited information.
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

https://youtu.be/KHZ8ek-6ccc

Thread Information