New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Return address from Address Book

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

sheila

sheila is on a distinguished road

When I try to print an envelope from Address Book, 'print my address' is grayed out. I can't find how to get it to work.
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheila View Post
When I try to print an envelope from Address Book, 'print my address' is grayed out. I can't find how to get it to work.
Do you have your own address in Address Book, identified as "Me"?
QUOTE Thanks
Collin Bl

Collin Bl is a jewel in the roughCollin Bl is a jewel in the roughCollin Bl is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 27 iMac i5, MBP 13 & iMac 20, 2TB dual TC, AppleTV, iPh4S

This is the one i use as a widget on 10.6.2 and links to address book and is quite configurable for various size envelopes;
EasyEnvelopes | Ambrosia Software, Inc.
QUOTE Thanks
sheila

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas_m View Post
Do you have your own address in Address Book, identified as "Me"?
Yes, I have the 'me' card in my address book, it is just that the place to check 'print my address' is still grayed out.
QUOTE Thanks
sheila

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collin Bl View Post
This is the one i use as a widget on 10.6.2 and links to address book and is quite configurable for various size envelopes;
EasyEnvelopes | Ambrosia Software, Inc.
Thank you for your suggestion. With respect, I would like what I already have to work the way it should.
QUOTE Thanks
Collin Bl

Collin Bl is a jewel in the roughCollin Bl is a jewel in the roughCollin Bl is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 27 iMac i5, MBP 13 & iMac 20, 2TB dual TC, AppleTV, iPh4S

No problem - i went that way so that the finished product was more to my liking. What OS are you on? If u are getting blocks then perhaps a combo update may straighten things up.
QUOTE Thanks
sheila

Quote:
No problem - i went that way so that the finished product was more to my liking. What OS are you on? If u are getting blocks then perhaps a combo update may straighten things up.
OS 10.6, I finally got it to work. I think I wasn't adding my return address in the right order, or clicking 'print' at the right time. I honestly don't know how I did it, but it works now. I may check out your suggestion too. Thanks again.
QUOTE Thanks
sheila

Quote:
I just tried easyenvelopes and that is sweet! Why would I not want to use that?
I am still glad I got the other to work because it just bugs me when they don't do what they are supposed to.
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Glad you liked Easy Envelopes. Also worth mentioning is that if you have an Office suite installed, for example: MS Office 2008, Open Office, both have an excellent way of formatting and addressing envelopes.

Regards.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Keystrokes to replace mouse clicks | Problems with my wireless mouse »