Specs:
    24" IMAC
    Desktop Background
    Yesterday I was surfing the apple.com website and found a section with different desktop backgrounds. I downloaded several and ran one called "earhdesk". Since this was an apple site I figured there should be no problem - wrong on my part.

After installing the background, I found out the picture is a demo only, in that there are several hundred watermarks within the photo that state something like "demo only". Of course this information was NOT stated on the download page.

The problem is that this picture keeps loading itself after 1-2 minutes even when I select another. I cannot find a way to delete this file.

Can anyone provide some advice on what I need to do in order to delete it from the machine? In advance, thanks.

Specs:
    2,4Ghz 15" unibody
    go to system preferences/desktop&screen saver

in the bottom there is a "change picture" checkbox .. go ahead and deselect it

Specs:
    24" IMAC
    Quote Originally Posted by scathe View Post
    go to system preferences/desktop&screen saver

in the bottom there is a "change picture" checkbox .. go ahead and deselect it

Was not selected. For chuckles I selected it, then unselected it ..... same problem.

I tried to do a search for the file and cannot find it.

Specs:
    2,4Ghz 15" unibody
    I assumed it was a wallpaper picture which it is not, you installed a whole new app called EarthDesk, is that correct?

the first thing to do would be to check your installer if it has an uninstall option, if it doesn't, read on

You should have a new pref. pane for EarthDesk itself, check that out ... I don't have it installed so I can't help out there ... however it is an application with a prefPane so you should be able to jut remove this prefPane and be done with it

look in ~/Library/PreferencePanes/ and delete it .... before you do, check the pref pane in System Preferences for any settings and options though!

a logout might be needed after this

Specs:
    Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), Monoprice 24-inch second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB
    I don't have Earthdesk either, but I'd be quite surprised if their website didn't have some information on how to uninstall the product. Might even be in their help file.

Specs:
    27 iMac i5, MBP 13 & iMac 20, 2TB dual TC, AppleTV, iPh4S
    Doing a restore from a recent back up would have sorted it. Perhaps time to review your back up procedure, as there are times where that is quicker than hunting for a corrupted file.

Specs:
    24" IMAC
    Problem was solved by reinstalling the product and then using the uninstall link. Many thanks for the quick responses. I will definitely look closer at the back up features of the MAC, which as a new-comer I must admit is something I'm not to familiar with.

Thread Information