New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

opening microsoft attachment

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

kirriekiwi

Is there any way I can open a .pub attachment on a mac.
K.K
QUOTE Thanks
iWhat

iWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!

I'm not really sure that you can view .pub files on a mac even with special software, but I'd love to be proved wrong.

What you could do, is ask the person to install PrimoPDF onto their Windows PC, so they can print the publisher file as a pdf file to the desktop, and then give it to you. Plus, the program is free.
QUOTE Thanks
stephen.sharpe

I didn't realise people still used MS Publisher.

I ditched it years ago in favour of MS Word... perhaps it is possible that the author could transfer some content into that? its fairly easy with Microsofts object system....
QUOTE Thanks
SErgini0

There is a new improved publisher in Microsoft Office 2003 for Windows. That's why!
QUOTE Thanks
Ryanstech

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephen.sharpe
I didn't realise people still used MS Publisher.

I ditched it years ago in favour of MS Word... perhaps it is possible that the author could transfer some content into that? its fairly easy with Microsofts object system....
Yeah, I just got some Publisher files emailed from a client using a PC and all I could think was 1.) how the **** am I going to open this with out Publisher on a PC and 2.) who the **** uses Publisher anymore anyway? After learning that making a PDF is to technical for them they ended up faxing the documents... ugh!
QUOTE Thanks
badmojo

That's a Windows app that I'm really going to miss. I hope some day MS makes a Mac version. It seems like iWork is sorta like Publisher but it does not import .pub files.
QUOTE Thanks
caribiner23

caribiner23 is just really nicecaribiner23 is just really nicecaribiner23 is just really nicecaribiner23 is just really nicecaribiner23 is just really nice
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro Retina 13" among far too many other Apple products

My gf does a lot of work with printers for newsletters and promotional materials, and Publisher is still in heavy use out there.

And yeah, my recommendation would be for the person at the other end to convert it to .pdf. You can do this at Adobe's web site by clicking the button that says "Create Adobe PDF Online." They'll get 5 conversions for free before they have to buy something.
QUOTE Thanks
section8joe

section8joe is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: 1.25 15inch powerbook

This might be a stupid question but can i back up songs and data on to a dvd. dvd's can hold 4.7gb of data. can i just back up my itunes library onto a dvd?
QUOTE Thanks
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

I have not done it, but you should be able to back up your songs to DVD.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!
QUOTE Thanks
caribiner23

caribiner23 is just really nicecaribiner23 is just really nicecaribiner23 is just really nicecaribiner23 is just really nicecaribiner23 is just really nice
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro Retina 13" among far too many other Apple products

Yes, you can.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Print Screen? | Is it difficult to install RAM?? »