New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

i want to buy an imac and i want a info

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

tsutsos

tsutsos is on a distinguished road

can i use boot camp on iMAC 21.5 MB950GR/A T9300 to install windows7????
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Yes, Boot Camp will work fine on that model. You can learn more about Boot Camp and how to use it by visiting the Apple site and type in "Boot Camp" in the search field.

Regards.
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsutsos View Post
can i use boot camp on iMAC 21.5 MB950GR/A T9300 to install windows7????
Yes you can.

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
tsutsos

tsutsos is on a distinguished road

do you know if i can play wow or lineage or other rpgs after the windows set up? thanx
QUOTE Thanks
AutoAustin

AutoAustin is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 13" Macbook,2.26GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM, 250GB HDD

You should be able to. You essentially have Windows installed on your computer.

13" Macbook
dual core 2.26GHz Processor
2GB RAM
25GB HDD
QUOTE Thanks
Mac Pro

Mac Pro is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 27" iMac Quad Core i7 2.8 ghz 1TB HDD

Yes, you will be able to run those games. Windows will run just as it does on a normal pc.

Use the reputation system
QUOTE Thanks
Tater2Stock

Tater2Stock is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsutsos View Post
do you know if i can play wow or lineage or other rpgs after the windows set up? thanx
Yes you can, and this is a big reason most people use bootcamp.

iMac 21.5 late 2009
...turning into an iMovie junky.
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2009 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

Apple has even updated Boot Camp to support Windows 7, so you can be bang up to date in all respects.
QUOTE Thanks
cptkrf

cptkrf is a jewel in the roughcptkrf is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MacBook Air 2013, MacMini,2013, Intel Core i7, 16gb, 27" Thunderbolt display (Highly recommended!)

Be advised that Windows under Bootcamp is really Windows. You still have to make sure that you are up to date patchwise and that your malware checker(s) are current.

OSX gives no protection while you are in Bootcamp, since it isn't running.

Don't forget to load the windows drivers from the OSX boot disk when you get up and running. Even in my Mac newbie status, I have had to remind local switchers to stop fruitlessly trying to find drivers on the 'Net. Apple provides them for the built in hardware of the IMac.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« How do I get Parallels to recognize an external DVD RW drive. | Mac: A good match for us? »