New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

mail issues

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

apple4ever

apple4ever is on a distinguished road

I upgraded to Snow Leopard and now I can not send mail using my apple mail. I am not at the front of the class when it comes to being "apple savy". Please help.Thanks.
QUOTE Thanks
VegasGeorge

VegasGeorge is a jewel in the roughVegasGeorge is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: iMac, and Macbook Pro

You probably need to change your SMTP settings. When I upgraded to SL I had to implement Password Authentication, and enter my ISP email Username and Password. To do that, go to Mail/Preferences/Accounts/Outgoing Mail Server drop down/Edit SMTP Server List/Advanced. Let us know if that works for you.
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2009 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

Most ISPs these days have a web page where they outline the steps for setting up SMTP outgoing mail. They usually have a set of instructions for Mac OS X Mail, but Entourage's instructions will suffice if they don't.
QUOTE Thanks
apple4ever

apple4ever is on a distinguished road

It worked, Thanks!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« DIY MBP Desk Tilter / Riser / Angler | MacBook bags: where to buy? »