New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Fatal Error HELP!!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

rickcarr67

rickcarr67 is on a distinguished road

I have just started getting the following error message when Entourage tries to load the final message from my e-mail account:

"Database Daemon Fatal Error"

It will only allow a forced closure of the program.

Have scanned the system, no gremlins found.

Any ideas please.
QUOTE Thanks
toMACsh

toMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to all
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core 2 Duo

com.microsoft.Entourage.prefs.plist

Find the above file.
Mine (OS 10.5.8) is in Users/MyUserName/Library/Preferences/Microsoft
Move the file to your Desktop.
Fire up Entourage and give it a test. (A new plist file will be generated, with default settings.)
If the problem is gone, delete the file on your Desktop. You might have to do some preference manipulations to get back what you had set.
If the problem is still there, and you find that you've lost some customized preference settings, you can put the first plist file back and overwrite the new one.

Next step:
Test Entourage.
What happens?
QUOTE Thanks
rickcarr67

Cheers, however no success.

I have not got the exact file that you said to look for. I tried a few that are Entourage plist to no effect.

Will deleting Entourage then reloading it help?
QUOTE Thanks
toMACsh

toMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to all

Hold off on reinstalling. Office has an uninstaller called Remove Office. See if you can find that for future reference. It will take out everything Office, not just Entourage. Just deleting pieces is not the way to go.

I have Office 2004, so maybe you don't have that exact same plist name, but the file would have the same function. Just make sure you're in your UserName folder, not one of the other Library folders. Also, I have a few microsoft plist files in that Preference folder, not inside the Microsoft folder.

Try a different User Account. Create one if you have to.
QUOTE Thanks
rickcarr67

Thanks again for your swift response, this forum thing is all new to me.

I am running 2008 on an Imac 27.

I have fixed it, don't know how, whether it was what you told me to do or something else I am not sure.

I deleted my wife's e-mail account so that only one account was sending to the Entourage and also deleted all the e-mails in the in box.

Works perfectly again.

Hate Gremlins. Cheers
QUOTE Thanks
toMACsh

Keep your eye on it for awhile, and let us know if it acts up again.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« how can i stop being redirected | Blinking box for text delete/insert? »