New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

is there a Application for this

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

p3ezi(moto)

p3ezi(moto) will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: VZW iPhone 4 64gb Ipad 13" White Macbook * WD 500GB HD 80GB Ipod Classic

I travel a lot and I usually use paper maps. Hmm now that I have a Android phone I can use CoPilot Live but wanted to know if there any apps like this on Mac. So that I can see and plan a trip with a bigger visualization.

**also without having to be online

GS3 - Nexus 7 - 13in Macbook
QUOTE Thanks
clayneal

clayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s

Google Maps

that should do it

clay

MY ADVICE COMES WITH A DOUBLE YOUR MONEY BACK GUARANTEE!
QUOTE Thanks
skybolt

skybolt has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: White 2010 MB, Core 2 Duo, 8g RAM, iPhone 4S, iPad Mini, Apple TV

With google maps, you need to be online. The only software I know of for macs (like Streets & Trips, or Delorme Street Atlas) is Route 66, and it is pretty crappy. Delorme used to suppor tmacs, but quit some time ago, and nobody has picked up the idea. The one place I have seen that is sorely lacking in the mac environment.

Mary
QUOTE Thanks
p3ezi(moto)

Mac Specs: VZW iPhone 4 64gb Ipad 13" White Macbook * WD 500GB HD 80GB Ipod Classic

sucks

QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

Awwww thats so sad.. Loosing the Maps, atlases and directories ...

Im a long haul truck driver in Aust and i love my map books.
A little addicted to be honest. i Have one for every capital city, then one for every state and on the eastern sea board have the 3 states country maps with all the towns most atlases miss out.
All up in my truck i would have close to 20 different atlases of some sort.
Give me more. lol
Dont get me wrong i have used my phone for directions but really hate that i have to do that.

Good luck p3ezi(moto) and your search though to find what you are looking for

Sorry to hijack but needed to put my 2cents in ...

Cheers

CogFrog Studio's ~ Photography, Apps and Web Development
Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
p3ezi(moto)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TattooedMac View Post

A little addicted to be honest. i Have one for every capital city, then one for every state and on the eastern sea board have the 3 states country maps with all the towns most atlases miss out.
Give me more. lol
Dont get me wrong i have used my phone for directions but really hate that i have to do that.

Good luck p3ezi(moto) and your search though to find what you are looking for

Sorry to hijack but needed to put my 2cents in ...

Cheers
thanks tattoo...hope one day my search ends

QUOTE Thanks
zacharace

zacharace is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: alMB, 2.0C2D, 2GB, 500GB, SD, etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by TattooedMac View Post

Give me more. lol
Sorry to continue a hijack, OP, but that's fascinating, TattooedMac. Nothing beats the paper version...kind of like aviation maps in that sense (of which I happen to know a bit about).

On topic : I know of dozens of Windows programs, but nothing for Mac . Will Google Earth let you store maps locally? (I doubt it, but maybe worth a try...)

Good luck.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Clipboard... How do i access it | MacBook w/vmware fusion »