New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

I love my MacBook!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

p3ezi(moto)

p3ezi(moto) will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: VZW iPhone 4 64gb Ipad 13" White Macbook * WD 500GB HD 80GB Ipod Classic

I do not know if I posted this before but I'm going to tell you the story how I got my first Mac. I have been using a Compaq Presario since 2007 and it has been through war. My nephew chew through my power cord and ripped all the keys off. It was a soldier fighting to the last body. I only used it for music so I really didn't need it as much.
Then all of a sudden I had a physical memory dump of death. Which wouldn't even allow my computer to boot, sucked. So I was computerless then one day my little brother asked me what was wrong with my computer and I told him. He brushed it off like it wasn't anything. Now my little brother makes so much more money than me. Well one day I was at his house and he pops out of nowhere with a white box and a receipt. My first Mac turns out to be the new Macbook.
Nowadays I'm picking up MacWorld magazines and learning loads of info about using this. I love MacForums for the great help it has given me. Can't believe it though. I love it. Wish I had a invisible shield for it though. It gets dirty quick.
QUOTE Thanks
droflex

droflex is on a distinguished road

Nice! Can your little brother take on another brother 'cause I'm available.
QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

CrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB

Quote:
Originally Posted by droflex View Post
Nice! Can your little brother take on another brother 'cause I'm available.
Seems like he has to destroy your current computer first before he can. >_<"

Anyways to the OP, that's a pretty wild story. Well at least your younger took responsibility after wrecking your computer. I know a lot of people that wouldn't own up. >_>" I think I need to find better friends.

死神はリンゴしか食べない。
QUOTE Thanks
p3ezi(moto)

Mac Specs: VZW iPhone 4 64gb Ipad 13" White Macbook * WD 500GB HD 80GB Ipod Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonRequiem View Post
Seems like he has to destroy your current computer first before he can. >_<"

Anyways to the OP, that's a pretty wild story. Well at least your younger took responsibility after wrecking your computer. I know a lot of people that wouldn't own up. >_>" I think I need to find better friends.
I do too. I find most of the people I speak to are on forums...I hate my real life so-called friends

GS3 - Nexus 7 - 13in Macbook
QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

CrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB

Quote:
Originally Posted by p3ezi(moto) View Post
I do too. I find most of the people I speak to are on forums...I hate my real life so-called friends
LOL, be sure that they don't come here and read that.

死神はリンゴしか食べない。
QUOTE Thanks
p3ezi(moto)

lol..it's true and they know it...

QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

Mate welcome and truly great story about getting your 1st MB. There still is some good in the world.

Dont worry about those people that say "you cant choose your family, but you can your friends"
Would be awesome to have a Bro like yours...
You bought a smile to my face. Well done.
And yep its a great little community we have here. Friendly and knowledgeable folk around here.
Hope you stay for a while .... And spread the joy and your knowledge

Cheers

CogFrog Studio's ~ Photography, Apps and Web Development
Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
bluefox9er

bluefox9er can only hope to improve

holy smoke..did your nephew *really* chew through your power cord?!
QUOTE Thanks
Mac Pro

Mac Pro is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 27" iMac Quad Core i7 2.8 ghz 1TB HDD

I wish my brother would buy me a macbook. He never wants to pay for anything he breaks of mine.

Use the reputation system
QUOTE Thanks
OnceYouGoMac

OnceYouGoMac is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: Macbook Unibody 2.26 Dual, 2GB RAM, 250 GB HDD

Congratulations! Welcome to the new world of computing haha. I have Macbook too, and it is far superior.
QUOTE Thanks
clayneal

clayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s

Congrats and welcome ! This a pretty good place to meet a lot of great people....and me!

Clay

MY ADVICE COMES WITH A DOUBLE YOUR MONEY BACK GUARANTEE!
QUOTE Thanks
p3ezi(moto)

thanks for all the replies....yeah and my nephew started eating my power cord on that old PC like it was candy....and that was the replacement I bought at walmart for $60

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Wow! Another Spinning Wheel??? | External Hard drive »