New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

wireless network printer and sharing???

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

section8joe

section8joe is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: 1.25 15inch powerbook

I set up a wireless network between my mac and pc. I can exchange files between the two computers. Where do i have to look on my powerbook in order to get files from my pc? I know that on my pc i look at "my network places".

My other question is that my printer is not listed in the dropdown menu for hp printers in my printer utility. i tried to type the ip address for the printe but that didn't work either. what am i doing wrong? how can i get my printer work? By the way the printer is connected to the pc.
QUOTE Thanks
fearlessfreap24

fearlessfreap24 is just really nicefearlessfreap24 is just really nicefearlessfreap24 is just really nicefearlessfreap24 is just really nice
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D

Wireless Printing
Help Networking W/ Windows PC and Mac

QUOTE Thanks
section8joe

section8joe is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: 1.25 15inch powerbook

Since i don't see my printer in the printer setup utility do i have to install the printer driver on the mac in order to print?
QUOTE Thanks
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

Be it remote or local, the printer must be installed, in order for you to be able to print.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!
QUOTE Thanks
gtee

Use this link.
Very clear and step-by-step.

http://www.ifelix.co.uk/tech/macosx.html
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« ichat and keychain | What do I want my processor set to? »