New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

NAS and USB Exteral drives don't show up

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

3dayjourney

3dayjourney is on a distinguished road

Ok... Not sure what i did but the NAS at my house doesn't show up on my MacBook... It does on my mini... Also when I plug in an external drive that will show up on my mini does not on my MacBook,

By not show up I mean not in finder not in disk utility nothing. Also this is a server that has shown up before and an external drive that has shown up before on the MacBook....

Obvious this is a id10t mistake but what did I do. More importantly what should I do next. I really hope there is something short of a clean install.
QUOTE Thanks
mostro

mostro will become famous soon enough

Can you think of anything you did that may have had anything to do with it, between the last time they worked, and now? Software installs, etc.
QUOTE Thanks
3dayjourney

No... I had not noticed when it last worked as I had been using my mini with the NAS and the external drive... I had just encoded a football game on the MB and wanting to move it to the NAS or at least the external driven when I noticed that I could not.... Very Strange... Everything else works fine by the way. By the way, the only place the name of the NAS shows up is in itunes... but it does not load properly when I try to see if itunes will load it...
QUOTE Thanks
3dayjourney

Well... I turned my MacBook on this morning to copy a file to a disk that I needed before I did a clean install to hopefully fix my problem and my NAS was showing up. On Sunday night I had reinstalled Snow Leopard over everything but it did not seems to change anything. Anyway, I did not mess with it on Monday until this morning and it seems to see the NAS. I even copied the file I needed over. I did not have time to plug in an external drive to see it that also works. No sure if I did anything right to fix it or not.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« excel - Is it possible to get flashing font? | Make things bigger »