Usenet Downloading with Snow Leopard
    Hi,

I eagarly await my new mac however I just wanted to clarify a few things please?

On Windows, I use a program called Newsleecher to download content via a usenet service. The fomat that Newsleecher use is NZB files. Is there a similar system / program with MAC?

Also, to begin with I plan on running a Windows partition to make my swich over as painless as possible, how well with Windows run on the MAC? I have ordered the new i5 core 27inch MAC and I can't wait until Thursday for it to arrive.

Anyway, thanks

Specs:
    2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)
    Quote Originally Posted by scotty6kids View Post
    On Windows, I use a program called Newsleecher to download content via a usenet service. The fomat that Newsleecher use is NZB files. Is there a similar system / program with MAC?
    You can try either NZB Drop or Unison.

Quote Originally Posted by scotty6kids View Post
    Also, to begin with I plan on running a Windows partition to make my swich over as painless as possible, how well with Windows run on the MAC? I have ordered the new i5 core 27inch MAC and I can't wait until Thursday for it to arrive.
    If you run it through Bootcamp, Windows will be installed natively so it will run just as fast on your Mac as it would on another computer with the same specs. If you virtualize it (Fusion/Parallels/VirtualBox), there will be a performance hit because you'll be running two OSes at once. Are you going to be using Bootcamp or virtualization?
    Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
    M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
    Writing a Quality Post

I am going to look at installing bootcamp, that seems the smart option - by doing this though,will all the bits work like the mouse, keyboard, wireless etc?

I take it that this is the best way to go for gaming?

Specs:
    2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)
    The OS X disc will have the drivers for Windows. I suggest you read through the Boot Camp install guide first. And yes, Bootcamp is the best (if not the only way) for gaming.
    Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
    M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
    Writing a Quality Post

Specs:
    Model Identifier: iMac9,1 Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo Processor Speed: 2.66 GHz
    If you are going to be using Windows quite a bit, i would recommend not using Bootcamp, since you have to opt for one os or the other. Using a vm is much better if you expect to be switching from one to the other during the day as I do. I use VMFusion and, in my opinion, Windows runs faster on the Mac than it did on a PC - I don't notice any deterioration in OS X when running VMFusion. As for gaming - never had time for it, so I'd take vansmith's opinion on that one :-)

Specs:
    3.4 Ghz i7 27 in iMac (2012), 3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone 6+
    1) It's Mac, NOT MAC!

2) I second Unison, just a darn good Newsreader.

Thread Information