New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

 
Start a Discussion
 

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Wireless Printer help


Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

 
Thread Tools
T_O_P12

 
T_O_P12's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 13, 2009
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 212
T_O_P12 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 27" iMac Core 2 Duo, 4GB 1067 MHz RAM, iPhone 4S

T_O_P12 is offline
Just got my 27" iMac and it came with a HP Photosmart printer and it is wireless so I am trying to get it to work with my iMac but can't figure it out. Everything that came with the paper says if you have OS X 10.6(which I do) you do not need to insert any CD or anything because the drivers come with this version of snow leopard. But I cannot figure out how to get the iMac to see the printer or even connect the printer to my wireless network if that is what I need to do? I go to my printer settings and cannot see how I would add this printer because when I go to add one, nothing shows up.
Any help would be great
QUOTE Thanks
fixerman

 
fixerman's Avatar
 
Member Since: Nov 08, 2007
Location: London England
Posts: 113
fixerman is on a distinguished road

fixerman is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by T_O_P12 View Post
Just got my 27" iMac and it came with a HP Photosmart printer and it is wireless so I am trying to get it to work with my iMac but can't figure it out. Everything that came with the paper says if you have OS X 10.6(which I do) you do not need to insert any CD or anything because the drivers come with this version of snow leopard. But I cannot figure out how to get the iMac to see the printer or even connect the printer to my wireless network if that is what I need to do? I go to my printer settings and cannot see how I would add this printer because when I go to add one, nothing shows up.
Any help would be great
I had exactly the same situation and I eventually down loaded the latest driver for Mac OS from the HP site and selected "Add printer". I used the USB cable for the initial setup. All now working wirelessly.
QUOTE Thanks
Henkali

 
Member Since: Jan 11, 2010
Location: Tampere, Finland
Posts: 7
Henkali is on a distinguished road

Henkali is offline
I just bought Photosmart Premium and installation went fine without CD. First I configured printer from its own screen and then added printer from Snow Leopard. Printer was found instantly.
However, my printer was broken and before that diagnose, I tried to install software from setup disc. I found out that it added couple of items to start when logging in and because I don't really like that, I uninstalled whole thing.
I wonder if I should put them back? Is there any reason for that?
QUOTE Thanks
fixerman

 
fixerman's Avatar
 
Member Since: Nov 08, 2007
Location: London England
Posts: 113
fixerman is on a distinguished road

fixerman is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henkali View Post
I just bought Photosmart Premium and installation went fine without CD. First I configured printer from its own screen and then added printer from Snow Leopard. Printer was found instantly.
However, my printer was broken and before that diagnose, I tried to install software from setup disc. I found out that it added couple of items to start when logging in and because I don't really like that, I uninstalled whole thing.
I wonder if I should put them back? Is there any reason for that?
If your printer has been replaced or repaired and is now working I would suggest you leave well enough alone.
QUOTE Thanks
Henkali

 
Member Since: Jan 11, 2010
Location: Tampere, Finland
Posts: 7
Henkali is on a distinguished road

Henkali is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by fixerman View Post
If your printer has been replaced or repaired and is now working I would suggest you leave well enough alone.
Well, it works, or at least it has been working with those couple of prints I tried and one scan. Scanning took very long time (I scanned from Image Capture) and, is there better way to scan using HP utilities?
QUOTE Thanks
fixerman

 
fixerman's Avatar
 
Member Since: Nov 08, 2007
Location: London England
Posts: 113
fixerman is on a distinguished road

fixerman is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henkali View Post
Well, it works, or at least it has been working with those couple of prints I tried and one scan. Scanning took very long time (I scanned from Image Capture) and, is there better way to scan using HP utilities?
Try Vuescan. Click on this link for info.


VueScan Scanning Software
QUOTE Thanks
T_O_P12

 
T_O_P12's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 13, 2009
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 212
T_O_P12 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 27" iMac Core 2 Duo, 4GB 1067 MHz RAM, iPhone 4S

T_O_P12 is offline
Thanks for the posts guys, got it working after an email with someone from HP and apparently what was package was not all that correct because I still had to download something from their site for it
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe


« Burning DVD movies | keyboard question »
Thread Tools

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Wireless printer connection for Mac 10.5 (leopard) kran_21 Internet, Networking, and Wireless 1 06-12-2009 08:49 AM
Help with CLP-315W Printer wireless connection rcancel Other Hardware and Peripherals 0 04-19-2009 01:16 PM
Shearing a wireless printer. scoopsinger OS X - Operating System 0 08-15-2008 11:26 AM
New Mac User - questions on printing to Epson printer through Windows wireless w/Leop tgilldesign Other Hardware and Peripherals 3 02-10-2008 05:46 PM
a couple of network questions that puzzle me :/ RiseAbove24 Internet, Networking, and Wireless 6 01-10-2007 08:05 PM

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:33 AM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
X

Welcome to Mac-Forums.com

Create your username to jump into the discussion!

New members like you have made this community the ultimate source for your Mac since 2003!


(4 digit year)

Already a member?