New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Using the Mac mail Version 4.2 (1077) won't send

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Woodensail

Woodensail is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac 27-inch (Core 2 Duo)

I have set up and re-set up my mail on this computer, and it just hangs for days trying to send. I don't know what else to do but just use my Yahoo mail. My service is @yahoo.att.net, and it is fine with Windows outlook express and if I go there through Yahoo. Sometimes after a few days it will send.
Does anyone else have this problem?
QUOTE Thanks
MYmacROX

MYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2008 15" MBP ML, 2012 21.5" iMac ML

If it isn't a Yahoo Plus account (not free) it won't work with Mail.
QUOTE Thanks
MYmacROX

MYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to all

Go to the bottom of this page and read the fine print. apple.com/macosx
QUOTE Thanks
OnceYouGoMac

OnceYouGoMac is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: Macbook Unibody 2.26 Dual, 2GB RAM, 250 GB HDD

I recommend Gmail. Free, plus 5GB free storage which you can use as a hdd backup.
QUOTE Thanks
Woodensail

Okay, maybe I will switch to Gmail. Only thing is the service I was using through @yahoo.att,net was my mail through my ISP that was free.
QUOTE Thanks
MYmacROX

There are lots of free email providers that work with Mac Mail. Gmail is one of them. Thunderbird and Hotmail are some others. I wasn't able to find an actual up-to-date list of which ones are free AND work with Mail. You may have to search around for that info.
QUOTE Thanks
dcj65

dcj65 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: imac 21.5

I had the same problem when i first set up my IMac. I had to change a setting in the advance properties and it has worked fine ever since. it had to do with the smtp and I was able to stumble across it and fix it. if I can remember what I did or where I found the answer i will post it.
QUOTE Thanks
clayneal

clayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s

I vote for Gmail Its free and in IMAP syncs great with mobile devices(iphone)

Clay

MY ADVICE COMES WITH A DOUBLE YOUR MONEY BACK GUARANTEE!
QUOTE Thanks
Woodensail

Thanks everyone, the Gmaill works great!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Keychain | What are the best custom key combos for SizeUp? »