New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Where is startup disk?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

m3rih

m3rih is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro Mid 2012

http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/422...00106at224.png

Hi bros, I know this is idiot question but i just wonder. Please forgive me On about this mac screen, there is not startup disk. When I was on 10.5.8, there was macintosh hd as startup disk but on 10.6.2 there is not. Does it mean that there is problem with my harddisk? Again sorry for this silly question
QUOTE Thanks
Dysfunction

Dysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2008 and 2011 15" mbps, late 11 iMac, iPhone 4s, and too many ipods and other stuff

nope, none on mine either.. looks like a change, it was relatively weird to put it there anyway.

mike
This machine kills fascists
Got # ? phear the command line!
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Think it must be something left off the newer machines, because I still have it listed on my 3 yr old one.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
Dysfunction

Dysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2008 and 2011 15" mbps, late 11 iMac, iPhone 4s, and too many ipods and other stuff

Mine's an 08 mbp and I recall it being there previously.. then again, since my logic board was replaced, I don't have a serial number either.

mike
This machine kills fascists
Got # ? phear the command line!
QUOTE Thanks
m3rih

By the way, is main menu compatible with snow leopard really? On its web site, they say YES. But two days ago, I upgraded snow leopard from leopard. After upgrade, i used main menu to erase leftover files. I run all tasks except ds.store files and spotlight index. Then I restarted my mac. Wow, the spinning whell was rounding rounding and rounding again and then apple logo suddenly turned into crossover saying Do Not Cross Although I booted from install cd and repair permission and disk, nothing changed. I tried everything but all were useless. Then, i had to format again. What about my files? They were all gone Is there a problem with main menu under snow leopard?
QUOTE Thanks
MacInWin

MacInWin is a splendid one to beholdMacInWin is a splendid one to beholdMacInWin is a splendid one to beholdMacInWin is a splendid one to beholdMacInWin is a splendid one to beholdMacInWin is a splendid one to beholdMacInWin is a splendid one to beholdMacInWin is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 2011 MBP, 2008 iMac, iPhone 5S, iPad mini, 13" MBP and MacMini

At the risk of getting back to the main topic, it's there on my 1.5 year old, with SL, iMac. I don't know how to post a picture, or I would. Trust me, it's there!
QUOTE Thanks
harryb2448

harryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i5 2.7GHz, 16GB memory, OS 10.10.1

First up click on the operating system on the About this Mac window and it will change to serial number, build details edc etc. The HDD does not appear on the About this Mac pane which is all that was copied.
QUOTE Thanks
m3rih

Some say Yes startup disk is there but at the same time some say no there is not startup disk on about this mac screen. why? is this a bug?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« User account - full name | i can't get this program to work .. »