Mac Forums

Mac Forums (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/)
-   Switcher Hangout (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/switcher-hangout/)
-   -   New to Mac would like some help (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/switcher-hangout/184462-new-mac-would-like-some-help.html)

silverdesk84 01-04-2010 09:36 AM

New to Mac would like some help

Hello All!!

I am new to mac, and was wondering if there is a good site or some good videos, to help teach OSX so that I wil feel like a pro sooner than later.

Thanks in advance!

$ilverde$k

MYmacROX 01-04-2010 09:37 AM

apple.com

Sawday 01-04-2010 09:54 AM

I'll second that. The Apple site has so many hidden gems - look under Support tab.

bobtomay 01-04-2010 09:57 AM

The actual link

Apple - Find Out How - Mac Basics

sachadon 01-04-2010 12:46 PM

Here at Apple - Business web page plenty of small tips and tricks. I really loved these tricks after I bought my Mac

ZorroAMG 01-04-2010 12:59 PM

Also, if you ever have questions/issues when trying to create things, etc and can't find the answers here, google is crazy good. If you ever get an error code or anything, copy the exact message into google and tons of helpful hints arise.

Collin Bl 01-04-2010 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silverdesk84 (Post 973284)
Hello All!!

I am new to mac, and was wondering if there is a good site or some good videos, to help teach OSX so that I wil feel like a pro sooner than later.

Thanks in advance!

$ilverde$k

SCCCO0231 here is a freebie and covers some of the basics Mac Tutorials : ScreenCastsOnline and then for stuff a bit more techy this is a good source

G3XOI 01-04-2010 03:22 PM

Just do a google search for what your looking for...?

http://tinyurl.com/ybr6h7l

silverdesk84 01-04-2010 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G3XOI (Post 973465)
Just do a google search for what your looking for...?

Let me google that for you

Thanks, you saved me so much time, not having to type and all. I have done a google search and watched many videos and read many articles, I was just trying to find as much info as possible.

G3XOI 01-04-2010 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silverdesk84 (Post 973548)
Thanks, you saved me so much time, not having to type and all. I have done a google search and watched many videos and read many articles, I was just trying to find as much info as possible.

No problem.. and tbh that's the most information your going to find ;)

Slydude 01-04-2010 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silverdesk84 (Post 973548)

Slow down my friend. we can't have you gaining knowledge too fast and surpassing old hands who have been using Macs for years. :Mischievous:

BTW Just noticed you are in Lubbock. Pretty miserable place to spend the winter.

silverdesk84 01-04-2010 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slydude (Post 973589)
Slow down my friend. we can't have you gaining knowledge too fast and surpassing old hands who have been using Macs for years. :Mischievous:

BTW Just noticed you are in Lubbock. Pretty miserable place to spend the winter.

lol!! Lubbock is not so bad this year!! Except losing the head coach of Texas Tech.... But thats for a different forum all together

OnceYouGoMac 01-04-2010 09:03 PM

What is the point of a forum if the answer is always, "Google it?" Not trying to cause trouble, but I always thought the point of a forum was to talk to humans.

Slydude 01-04-2010 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silverdesk84 (Post 973605)
lol!! Lubbock is not so bad this year!!

You have got to be kidding. Can I assume then that you have not been there long enough to experience raining mudballs, sideways rain, or sideways snowfall. lol

Seriously though I liked the city but hated the weather.

G3XOI 01-05-2010 05:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnceYouGoMac (Post 973625)
What is the point of a forum if the answer is always, "Google it?" Not trying to cause trouble, but I always thought the point of a forum was to talk to humans.

Indeed it is! But a simple search will bring up multiple posts in this forum alone asking the same sort of questions and also it will get you information a lot quicker...:Smirk: