New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Mac on/off

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

apple4ever

apple4ever is on a distinguished road

Is there a way to set my macbook where it can be locked from 11PM to 5AM ? I am interested in doing this to limit its use by my teenagers late at night. Thanks.
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

Yep there is
If you download Alarmclock Pro you can set alarms to do just what you are asking for

I love this app BC you can do so much more than wake you up. Just remember if you have a log in password you will have tp disable this so it can wake up if your not around.

Hope this helps and is what your looking for

Enjoy

Cheers

CogFrog Studio's ~ Photography, Apps and Web Development
Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
JUKE179r

JUKE179r is a jewel in the roughJUKE179r is a jewel in the roughJUKE179r is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: '07 MBP 256GB SSD/6GB RAM/SL <--DAW!!!

Just shut it down and password protect it.

MBP 3,1 & 4,1 w/ Vertex 4 SSD | Logic Pro 9 | Ableton Live 8 | Traktor Pro 2 | AKAI MPK-49 | Roland MV-8000, TR-808 & TR-909 | Ensoniq ASR-10 | x0xb0x #911 | Denon DN-MC6000 | (3) Technics SL-1200MK1 | 3000+ vinyl records
QUOTE Thanks
Tater2Stock

Tater2Stock is on a distinguished road

Or you can use the Parental Controls that are already part of the OS. They are very good and you can do exactly what you are asking. You can even have different times for weeknights vs. weekends.

iMac 21.5 late 2009
...turning into an iMovie junky.
QUOTE Thanks
supercomet32

supercomet32 is on a distinguished road

Or put the fear of god in them from breaking ANY rule you set and enforce it with applicable punishment for the crime. let the machine work ho wit needs to
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« .dmg = .exe basically? | "detecting video" message ? »