New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Starting the new year with a 13" MBP (:

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

ZeeSquared

ZeeSquared is on a distinguished road

I am speechless. (Thankfully I can still type :p).

I wanted to purchase my MBP online but I didn't want to wait for shipping (even though it's about two days). My obsession with wanting to have one on the 1st of January got the better of me. (I purchased one at a local store). Needless to say I am the proud owner of a 13" MBP ! I'm very excited starting the new year with a computer / OS that I have never used before.

I was going to dedicate the whole evening to setting up the MBP. I even unplugged my phone so no one would bother me (). I am just amazed at how quick the setup went. It took no longer than 10 minutes. The first thing I thought of doing is coming here and posting a thank you for the recommendations and for all the help.

I guess now that I have a whole bunch of time left over from expecting 2+ hours of installing and configuring - what do I do ? What do you guys do when you first do a reinstall of OS X or purchase a new Mac?

Man ... I must say, I love the smell of new hardware! *SNIFF* It's a breath of fresh air!
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

Well congrats ..... We know what your New Years Resolution was... lol

Well just sit there and play with it.... get to know your new machine and tweak it to how you want it. Highly customisable ... Download CandyBar and customise your dock... That should take you a cpl hours of playing ..

DeviantArt is a good place to start with icons, wallpapers and such ..

Welcome to the community

CogFrog Studio's ~ Photography, Apps and Web Development
Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
MYmacROX

MYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2008 15" MBP ML, 2012 21.5" iMac ML

I found the many tutorials on Apple's website quite useful. They will show you shortcuts and handy ways of doing all kinds of stuff. I believe it's called Mac 101. Check it out and enjoy your new Mac. Congrats!
QUOTE Thanks
suself

suself is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook 13"

Congrats! my xmas present to myself was the macbook so I am also a noob to the macworld but loving it so far!
I love how everything is so customizable

Twitter Love
old enough to know better; too young to care ♥
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by suself View Post
Congrats! my xmas present to myself was the macbook so I am also a noob to the macworld but loving it so far!
I love how everything is so customizable
And welcome to you too suself enjoy the great little forum we have hear ..

Cheers

CogFrog Studio's ~ Photography, Apps and Web Development
Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
suself

suself is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook 13"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TattooedMac View Post
And welcome to you too suself enjoy the great little forum we have hear ..

Cheers
thank you so much!

Twitter Love
old enough to know better; too young to care ♥
QUOTE Thanks
OnceYouGoMac

OnceYouGoMac is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: Macbook Unibody 2.26 Dual, 2GB RAM, 250 GB HDD

I like my new Macbook because it does not crash 15 times per day like Windows and Linux!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Virus Question | MacBook 2.0 gets very hot »