Macbook speech recognition?

Question Macbook speech recognition?
    I'm not SURE this is the best place for this question, but it didn't fit into any of the other categories....but sorry if I'm wrong.
    Anyways, I got my new macbook the other day (my first mac) and I love it. I just figured out how to work/use speech recognition and commands and they're great; however I was wondering if anyone knew of a list of all the commands my macbook already knows and what exactly they do. I do know about the speech commands window, but I don't know what some of the commands do. For example, "make this into a sticky note" I can say and get my macbook to acknowledge it heard and understood, but then nothing happens. It seems a no brainer if I highlight something it will make it into a sticky note, but that doesn't happen, so I'm confused. Same with "show me what to say" and some others.
    If someone knows what these do or can show me a place that lists the commands AND what exactly they do/how to work them, that would be great.
    Thanks guys.

Specs:
    '07 MBP 256GB SSD/6GB RAM/SL <--DAW!!!
    Speech recognition?? I didn't even know that could be done on a Mac!
    What you are trying to do sounds more like the making of an AppleScript command for highlighting and making it a sticky note.
    MBP 3,1 & 4,1 w/ Vertex 4 SSD | Logic Pro 9 | Ableton Live 8 | Traktor Pro 2 | AKAI MPK-49 | Roland MV-8000, TR-808 & TR-909 | Ensoniq ASR-10 | x0xb0x #911 | Denon DN-MC6000 | (3) Technics SL-1200MK1 | 3000+ vinyl records

Here's a link that may help, along with a video demo.

Juke, speech recognition is amazing. Haha. You can set it up in the system preferences > speech. Its fun. :] And as far as applescripts, I may sound like an idiot, but I AM a new switcher, and I don't know what it is. I've seen it mentioned a lot and tried to look it up, but I really just don't understand it. What IS applescript?
    And Rip Vega, thanks, but I actually had already seen that it didn't help much. Thanks for trying though!! I appreciate it. :]

Specs:
    '07 MBP 256GB SSD/6GB RAM/SL <--DAW!!!
    I'm probably the last person to tell you anything about AppleScripts other than what I have read from wikipedia, other sites and on here.
    To me the AppleScript commands looks like English mixed hieroglyphics and math.
    MBP 3,1 & 4,1 w/ Vertex 4 SSD | Logic Pro 9 | Ableton Live 8 | Traktor Pro 2 | AKAI MPK-49 | Roland MV-8000, TR-808 & TR-909 | Ensoniq ASR-10 | x0xb0x #911 | Denon DN-MC6000 | (3) Technics SL-1200MK1 | 3000+ vinyl records

Specs:
    2.8 GHz MacBook Pro 10.10.2, 8 GB mem, iPhone 6+
    WhiteTiger

The level of speech recognition you are talking about has been around since System 7.1.2. Perhaps this article will give you a few ideas of what is possible. ATPM 15.11 - How To: Making Your Own Speakable Items.
    Sylvester Roque Former Contributing Editor About This Particular Macintosh

"Got Time to breathe. You got time for music." Denver Pyle as Briscoe Darling

Thread Information