12-24-2009, 08:15 AM #1
HELP!!!! Chocolate inside 2 months old macbook pro!!!!
- Member Since
- Dec 06, 2009
- Macbook Pro OS X 10.6
Hi, i have a 2 months old macbook pro and managed to place it on a table with a Chocolate below. And lucky me the chocolate melted and got out of its papir. But macbook was still working. But later I got a error-message about its battery. It could not be used without a direct plug in with power. When this happen I opened up the back-cover.
When I opened the mac I found out that the outermost part of the hardware was the PCB (printed circuit board). And a 2 x 4 cm part of it was covered with chocolate. By using q-tips and tooth-picker I managed clean it. Battery is working good, but the problem now:
When I turn on the macbook the screen is dark
and the keyboard doesn't respond, like volume up/down. This could be the speakers.
What to do? The Warranty does not cover things like this :p Is it possible to order a new PCB?
12-24-2009, 09:43 AM #2
- Member Since
- Dec 22, 2006
- Texas, where else?
- 15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '11 1.8 i7 4GB 10.10; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.10; 5s & 5c
Note: Moved thread to more appropriate forum. Not a site comment or suggestion.I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By quackbook in forum Apple NotebooksReplies: 3Last Post: 06-22-2011, 12:51 PM
By wester in forum Apple NotebooksReplies: 5Last Post: 05-31-2010, 11:40 PM
By fegard in forum Switcher HangoutReplies: 6Last Post: 01-02-2010, 05:18 AM
By AlexN in forum Apple NotebooksReplies: 1Last Post: 02-11-2006, 04:52 PM