New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

"One to One" ??

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

jimmy2x

jimmy2x is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mac OS X, 3.06 GHz Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM

Tried using the search, but no help there. Strongly considering the big switch and would go with one of the 21.5" options along with AppleCare. What is you experience with the "one to one" option? Have you found it worth the money?
QUOTE Thanks
Mac Pro

Mac Pro is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 27" iMac Quad Core i7 2.8 ghz 1TB HDD

It really depends. If you are one of the people who likes to tinker and figure things out by yourself, it's probably not worth it. If you prefer someone to show you directly how to do everything on a mac or you think you are going to have a lot of difficulty getting set up and learning your way around, it's probably worth it. For the most part, I heard the "geniuses" are helpful but I have heard of some accounts of some of the "geniuses" not being willing to help.
QUOTE Thanks
VegasGeorge

VegasGeorge is a jewel in the roughVegasGeorge is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: iMac, and Macbook Pro

Yes, it is absolutely worth the money. Of course, you have to take the initiative to schedule your sessions and be prepared to get something out of them. In fact, I did one this morning. This is my third year of one-to-one and I still find subjects to explore with the trainers.
QUOTE Thanks
Tater2Stock

Tater2Stock is on a distinguished road

Smartest thing I bought with my new Mac, and I love to "tinker" and figure stuff out on my own but it is nice to be able to go in with specific questions and tasks and have someone show you.

iMac 21.5 late 2009
...turning into an iMovie junky.
QUOTE Thanks
jimmy2x

jimmy2x is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mac OS X, 3.06 GHz Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM

I really appreciate the replies - and have decided to go ahead with it. Thanks again.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« How Transfer .pst Outlook to iMail? | HELP!!!! Chocolate inside 2 months old macbook pro!!!! »