weird noises from dragging my mouse + Emagic sound card causing noise
    Hi, I'm new here and just got my new 27" i5 Imac two weeks ago...
    now what I have noticed is that the same monitors (speakers) i had with my older imac (24") are constantly making a louder "white noise" than what they used to (didnt bother me that much but i definitely noticed a louder volume of white noise).
    The thing that really bothers me is that whenever i scroll the mouse, or click and drag an object in photoshop or something the monitors are making a really noticeable disturbing scratching sound sound ...just cant seem to make it stop..its so annoying ..
    i also tried to record something and the imac recorded it in a really low volume and unstable wave (volume going up and down).
    so i figured well obivously the soundcard of the new imac was real bad..so got me an external soundcard, Emagic emi6|2m and i figured it would solve the problem. installed the soundcard, and played a song and suddenly a high pitch noise, kinda loud and really disturbing, started coming from the speakers. 2 seconds after i pauseded the song, the sound stopped. play the song, the noise comes, stop the song, noise stop after 2 seconds. if i open up Logic, the sound just starts no matter what. quit Logic and the sound stops. just now i opened up a youtube video and the sound just started going off even after i paused the video. now the sound comes everytime i choose the Emagic soundcard in the sound preferences. its kinda real loud and its bothering me so much, i cant seem to make it go away and definitely cant work with it.
    When i tried installing the soundcard on my brother's laptop windows with the same speakers, everything was fine and it played perfect with no noise.

whaaaaat can i possibly do, this actually really frustrates me....whats wrong with the computer?

Specs:
    late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s
    For the sake of this we will assume that you have installed the speakers correctly so I would suggest returning a two week old computer with a problem such as this.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help
    Clay
    MY ADVICE COMES WITH A DOUBLE YOUR MONEY BACK GUARANTEE!

Thread Information