New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

weird noises from dragging my mouse + Emagic sound card causing noise

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

django

django is on a distinguished road

Hi, I'm new here and just got my new 27" i5 Imac two weeks ago...
now what I have noticed is that the same monitors (speakers) i had with my older imac (24") are constantly making a louder "white noise" than what they used to (didnt bother me that much but i definitely noticed a louder volume of white noise).
The thing that really bothers me is that whenever i scroll the mouse, or click and drag an object in photoshop or something the monitors are making a really noticeable disturbing scratching sound sound ...just cant seem to make it stop..its so annoying ..
i also tried to record something and the imac recorded it in a really low volume and unstable wave (volume going up and down).
so i figured well obivously the soundcard of the new imac was real bad..so got me an external soundcard, Emagic emi6|2m and i figured it would solve the problem. installed the soundcard, and played a song and suddenly a high pitch noise, kinda loud and really disturbing, started coming from the speakers. 2 seconds after i pauseded the song, the sound stopped. play the song, the noise comes, stop the song, noise stop after 2 seconds. if i open up Logic, the sound just starts no matter what. quit Logic and the sound stops. just now i opened up a youtube video and the sound just started going off even after i paused the video. now the sound comes everytime i choose the Emagic soundcard in the sound preferences. its kinda real loud and its bothering me so much, i cant seem to make it go away and definitely cant work with it.
When i tried installing the soundcard on my brother's laptop windows with the same speakers, everything was fine and it played perfect with no noise.

whaaaaat can i possibly do, this actually really frustrates me....whats wrong with the computer?
QUOTE Thanks
clayneal

clayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s

For the sake of this we will assume that you have installed the speakers correctly so I would suggest returning a two week old computer with a problem such as this.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help
Clay

MY ADVICE COMES WITH A DOUBLE YOUR MONEY BACK GUARANTEE!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Setting up your new Macbook Pro | Just got a MBP »