New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Jon4lakers says dont buy!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

stickerdontwork

stickerdontwork is on a distinguished road

i thought i would put this up for people who aren't subscribed to Jon4lakers: YouTube - Don't Buy a Macbook Pro (Right now)
Enjoy
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, Yosemite

Thanks for posting. Great video, good advice.

Regards.
QUOTE Thanks
giz_teh_fox

giz_teh_fox is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro 15" late 2009 unibody 2.8ghz C2D,500GB HDD,4GB DDR3 RAM,Nvidia 9400m + 9600mGT

ah well iv got mine all wrapped up lol and tbh think 2.8ghz is good enough for a laptop

Gotta make some tunez with mah face
QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

CrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB

Why is his chin so super shinny? >_<" It was kind of distracting. His advice on waiting is good. However his comparison of the MB vs the low end 13" MBP is not very accurate.

Didn't address the fact that the Pro versions have backlit keyboard, sd card slot, and firewire.

死神はリンゴしか食べない。
QUOTE Thanks
cuhnool

cuhnool is a jewel in the roughcuhnool is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonRequiem View Post
Why is his chin so super shinny? >_<" It was kind of distracting.
Noticed that too. It was SUPER distracting, and really bothered me.

Good advice though, yes.

QUOTE Thanks
didymus

didymus will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Model Identifier: iMac9,1 Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo Processor Speed: 2.66 GHz

Sounds like good advice - the shiny chin didn't bother me, but the voice and the occasional bursts of 200 words a minute speech did. But, hey, the guy's doing everyone a favour and he doesn't have to!
QUOTE Thanks
bluefox9er

bluefox9er can only hope to improve

i was about to splurge on a macbook pro now, but willing to wait, where i can either get a faster i5/i7 macbook pro or one of the existing range a lot cheaper...
QUOTE Thanks
Neeks23

Neeks23 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: WTB Macbook Pro 15"

He has a very good point. I hope the price will stay close to the same as the MBP now.

His chin and crooked picture frame are distracting. haha I don't think he blinked the whole video.
QUOTE Thanks
OnceYouGoMac

OnceYouGoMac is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: Macbook Unibody 2.26 Dual, 2GB RAM, 250 GB HDD

And my MB has a bigger hard drive haha.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« MacMini response lag | Last Questions sorry lol French »