New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Is it the right time to buy a MBP?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

MARCINEKOK

MARCINEKOK is on a distinguished road

Hi!

I am deciding whether or not to buy my self my first Mac soon. Seeing that this is Apple, I was just wondering when do they usually announce new updates to their MacBook Pro lines. I know that September is usually the iPod and the iPhones are usually in the spring. Some one told me they usually announce new laptops at CES in January.

I don't give a crap about the "Apple Tablet" ... I just want to know if I should hold out till January or should I be okay... the good thing about California is we get 30 days to return any electronics though, I'm still unsure.

Additionally this website says not to buy,
Mac Buyer's Guide: Know When to Buy Your Mac, iPod or iPhone
as a update should be coming soon...?

Thanks!
QUOTE Thanks
baggss

baggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 18.8.2-64Gb iPad 2-32 Gb iPhone 5-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage

The MacBookPro line is at best in it's mid-life cycle. There probably won't be an update in the next 6 months or so, but I could be wrong.

QUOTE Thanks
MARCINEKOK

Yeah that is what I figured.
QUOTE Thanks
baggss

baggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 18.8.2-64Gb iPad 2-32 Gb iPhone 5-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage

Actually, that was wrong;

Mac Buyer's Guide: Know When to Buy Your Mac, iPod or iPhone

QUOTE Thanks
MARCINEKOK

Sorry, i'm a bit confused lol.

Are you saying that your post was wrong or the website is wrong? I doubt they would make an update so soon after Christmas.
QUOTE Thanks
D3v1L80Y

D3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook

"Is it the right time to buy a MBP?"

If you want one and can afford it, then it is the right time.

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

QUOTE Thanks
baggss

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARCINEKOK View Post
Sorry, i'm a bit confused lol.

Are you saying that your post was wrong or the website is wrong? I doubt they would make an update so soon after Christmas.
My first post was wrong. Follow the link...

Apple has their own cycles that don't necessarily follow the Holidays.

QUOTE Thanks
JUKE179r

JUKE179r is a jewel in the roughJUKE179r is a jewel in the roughJUKE179r is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: '07 MBP 256GB SSD/6GB RAM/SL <--DAW!!!

IMHO... if you keep waiting for the next best Mac to come out, you'll never get one. They will always change, upgrade and keep getting better.
A good friend told me the same thing back in '07 when I was going to wait until the '08 Mac Book Pro's came out. I ended up getting the Rev D (July '07) MBP on Dec '07 and today I am still happy with my purchase.

MBP 3,1 & 4,1 w/ Vertex 4 SSD | Logic Pro 9 | Ableton Live 8 | Traktor Pro 2 | AKAI MPK-49 | Roland MV-8000, TR-808 & TR-909 | Ensoniq ASR-10 | x0xb0x #911 | Denon DN-MC6000 | (3) Technics SL-1200MK1 | 3000+ vinyl records
QUOTE Thanks
darklight7

darklight7 is on a distinguished road

well if you want now just buy one (as long you can afford it)
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« wireless transfer of movies and photos from macbook to television? | network sharing vista to osX leopard »