Looking for starter mac laptop
    I am just looking for a basic startup mac laptop. I mainly use the computer for browsing the net and downloading music and videos. I would prefer something at at least a gig of ram maybe a little less. Also decent amount of memory.
    I dont have much to spend, really hoping to find a good deal on craigslist or something. I am just looking for recommendations from everyone here! I would hope to find one that I could upgrade in the future. Please let me know what you all would suggest! Thanks again!!

Specs:
    Late 2013 27" iMac, iPad 3, iPhone 6s+, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, Sierra
    Buying a used Mac is like buying anything else that's used. It's always buyer beware. Be careful when shopping from Craig's list - if you can meet with the seller and try out the machine before buying it, that would be best.

Honestly though, for your needs and wants, a new netbook might be something to consider. I've seen netbooks with 1 GB of memory, 160 GB hard drive, wireless, web cam, XP Home, 10" screen, etc., all for less than $400.00.

Regards.

Specs:
    MacPro 2x2GHz Dual Xeon, 6Gig RAM, 1.5TB of Space
    I have a MacBook for sale just now, that would suit you well, but it depends where you are??
    I am in Scotland.

Specs:
    2011 13" MBP 2.3ghz, 8gig ram, OS 10.8.5
    Quote Originally Posted by justjane View Post
    I am just looking for a basic startup mac laptop.

I dont have much to spend, really hoping to find a good deal on craigslist or something.
    Let us know what your budget is...and we may be able to give you an idea of "how much Mac laptop" it will buy.

- Nick
    - Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
    - Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
    - Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
    - Apple Battery Info. Battery

I mainly just want something simple to begin with. I was thinking around 200. And from just checking craigslist and comparison shopping I can tell that wont get too much. Unless I have missed something. Like I said, I really dont need anything extravagant just something that will have a decent speed.

I am in pittsburgh pennsylvania right now for work, but I live in dayton ohio. So if anyone in either of those areas is selling one let me know!

The lowest end Macbooks for the last few years have had 1280x800 screens. Will this be adequate for your needs? Some people feel it's a bit low res. Tho the laptops themselves are very small.

Specs:
    White MacBook. iLife '09. iWork '09. Mac OS X 10.6
    If you really just want to jump in and try out the Mac world for a while, that sounds like a refurbished G4 iBook or PowerBook. You don't need to go buying a big, brand new, expensive, fancy MacBook before you've even tried the software.
    Chris K.

I just picked up an iBook G4 12" for only $160 through Craigslist. It was for my wife who uses it mainly for Facebook, e-mail and downloading music. It works perfectly and would probably suit your needs nicely. Keep an eye out on Craigslist, there are some really good deals out there.

Quote Originally Posted by justjane View Post
    I am just looking for a basic startup mac laptop. I mainly use the computer for browsing the net and downloading music and videos. I would prefer something at at least a gig of ram maybe a little less. Also decent amount of memory.
    I dont have much to spend, really hoping to find a good deal on craigslist or something. I am just looking for recommendations from everyone here! I would hope to find one that I could upgrade in the future. Please let me know what you all would suggest! Thanks again!!

Thanks you for the post.
    Hi guys, Im a newbie. Nice to join this forum.

Thread Information