Question Can I get 'save to PDF' as the default for printing?
    I rarely use a physical printer with my macbook (leopard 10.5.8). I love the save as PDF feature in the print dialog, so much that I'd like it to be the default behavior. Is there a way to rig that up? Seems like there ought to be, but I haven't figured it out.

Quote Originally Posted by koppd View Post
    I rarely use a physical printer with my macbook (leopard 10.5.8). I love the save as PDF feature in the print dialog, so much that I'd like it to be the default behavior. Is there a way to rig that up? Seems like there ought to be, but I haven't figured it out.
    I like that feature. You dont have to change the "printer preferences" in order to print to a pdf. On my PC I use to always forget to change it back to "print to printer" and then I would have to mess around with stuff.

Now, if only Serif Pageplus was available for OSX I could pretty much eliminate the need for XP altogether.

Specs:
    MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
    Quote Originally Posted by droflex View Post
    I like that feature. You dont have to change the "printer preferences" in order to print to a pdf. On my PC I use to always forget to change it back to "print to printer" and then I would have to mess around with stuff.

Now, if only Serif Pageplus was available for OSX I could pretty much eliminate the need for XP altogether.
    Never used Serif PagePlus because I have InDesign. Maybe you could try scribus? It's open source.
    死神はリンゴしか食べない。

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonRequiem View Post
    Never used Serif PagePlus because I have InDesign. Maybe you could try scribus? It's open source.
    I tried scribus about 6 months ago and cant remember why I didnt really like it. I know I wanted to like it 'cause I think it was free. I downloaded Pageplus SE and within a couple days payed the $10 to get the upgrade to Pageplus 9. It is really easy to use for small business promotional material.

I only use it when I'm in a marketing mood.

I'm sure I would love Indesign. For $600 bucks I better love it!

cheers

Thread Information