New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Your pet peeves about other Mac users...

Thread Closed

JUKE179r

JUKE179r is a jewel in the roughJUKE179r is a jewel in the roughJUKE179r is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: '07 MBP 256GB SSD/6GB RAM/SL <--DAW!!!

And please don't say your pet peeve is when people complain about their pet peeves.

My #1 pet peeve is helping someone on their Mac and they have the brightness of their screen maxxed out. It's like staring at a 120 watt lightbulb!
I know people want to show off the white glow of the Apple logo on the cover of their Mac, but come on!
I keep my MBP about 1 to 3 maybe 4 blocks of brightness. Plus it saves on battery power.. not alot... but every little bit helps when going portable.

I just had to get that off of my chest... Goooooooooooose Fraaaaaaaaaabaaaaaaaaaahh!

MBP 3,1 & 4,1 w/ Vertex 4 SSD | Logic Pro 9 | Ableton Live 8 | Traktor Pro 2 | AKAI MPK-49 | Roland MV-8000, TR-808 & TR-909 | Ensoniq ASR-10 | x0xb0x #911 | Denon DN-MC6000 | (3) Technics SL-1200MK1 | 3000+ vinyl records
idirtbike

idirtbike is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: Unibody MacBook /intel core 2 duo/ 2GB RAM/250GB HD/Snow Leopard...iPhone 4 (:

Mac users that just run Windows on their Mac and don't even use OS X. Pointless to buy a Mac then.
S.SubZero

S.SubZero is a jewel in the roughS.SubZero is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUKE179r View Post
My #1 pet peeve is helping someone on their Mac and they have the brightness of their screen maxxed out.
My pet peeve is people who think they way they do things is the way everyone should do things.

(always has my screen at max brightness because it's my personal preference)
giz_teh_fox

giz_teh_fox is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro 15" late 2009 unibody 2.8ghz C2D,500GB HDD,4GB DDR3 RAM,Nvidia 9400m + 9600mGT

people who buy a mac just to go on the internet (waste of money >.<)

Gotta make some tunez with mah face
Emptee

Emptee is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2.4Ghz, 2Gb, 160HDD & 10.6.2 / Aluminum Keybaord & Mighty Mouse / WD MyBook 1TB

I hate the Mac users who can't simply just say "Yeah I run OS X, it's just my personal preference. I don't hate Windows, however, it's an amazing operating system that contributed loads of positive feedback to the tech world but I just personally prefer OS X"
Kevriano

Kevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.

People who come on a Mac forum and don't use the search engine for answers first.....

Try my custom Mac Forums Search Engine: Mac Forums Google Search

Please use the reputation system if you consider any help given useful (it's the little ✓/✘ on the left <---)

harryb2448

harryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i5 2.7GHz, 16GB memory, OS X.10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevriano View Post
People who come on a Mac forum and don't use the search engine for answers first.....
Worse are the folk who do not seem to get the original system discs with their machines, lose or sell them. And we do not discuss those who want to download OS from pirate sources!
VegasGeorge

VegasGeorge is a jewel in the roughVegasGeorge is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: iMac, and Macbook Pro

I get a bit peeved at Mac users who find the Mac so simple and easy to use that they never bother to learn how a computer works. I talk to Mac users every day who don't know what a "file path" is, or can't point to the "menu bar," or have no idea what a "radio button" is. I'm talking about people who don't know the difference between a "file," a "folder," and an "icon." It makes it very hard to talk to those people about their Macs, especially when trying to do a little troubleshooting.
Doug b

Doug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5

Peeve: Steve Jobs and Apple do everything with just the right amount of finesse and never do anything wrong. Enter: iZombie.

Doug
XJ-linux

XJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBookAir5,2:10.9.5-MacMini3,1:10.9.5-iPhone6,1:7.1.2

Oh, and techie people who expect everyone else to be techie.

"Those who don't understand Unix are condemned to reinvent it, poorly." Henry Spencer
clayneal

clayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s

I guess mine would be "Mac" people who go to a "Mac" site just to complain about Apple.

MY ADVICE COMES WITH A DOUBLE YOUR MONEY BACK GUARANTEE!
JUKE179r

JUKE179r is a jewel in the roughJUKE179r is a jewel in the roughJUKE179r is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: '07 MBP 256GB SSD/6GB RAM/SL <--DAW!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by clayneal View Post
I guess mine would be "Mac" people who go to a "Mac" site just to complain about Apple.
Yes because we all know that Apple can do no wrong.

MBP 3,1 & 4,1 w/ Vertex 4 SSD | Logic Pro 9 | Ableton Live 8 | Traktor Pro 2 | AKAI MPK-49 | Roland MV-8000, TR-808 & TR-909 | Ensoniq ASR-10 | x0xb0x #911 | Denon DN-MC6000 | (3) Technics SL-1200MK1 | 3000+ vinyl records
clayneal

clayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s

Quote:
now I didn't say all that.

MY ADVICE COMES WITH A DOUBLE YOUR MONEY BACK GUARANTEE!
baggss

baggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 18.8.2-64Gb iPad 2-32 Gb iPhone 5-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug b View Post
Peeve: Steve Jobs and Apple do everything with just the right amount of finesse and never do anything wrong. Enter: iZombie.

Doug
Quote:
People who come to a Mac based forum and are surprised that the members actually like Apple and the things they do. Enter: i(insert favorite insult here).

cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

This thread has no place to go but downhill and I don't see it adding any value to the forum.

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

Thread Closed

« Why is Opera on my mac? | VMFusion question »