New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Early Christmas gift

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

GibsonTreeCare

Location: Near Brockville, Ontario, right on the St. Lawrence river
GibsonTreeCare is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: macbook pro 13" 4 gig's

Well, my GF went and did it... she bought me a MacBook pro 13" and herself an i-mac, both 4 gig's I must say the experience is awesome, they are so easy to use.

Well I should say MINE is so easy, she won't let on on hers, it is for her and mine is for me...seems I may have monopolized the pc before...

the pc is in the basement, wiped clean and will be there for the kids via a usb wireless adapter:, they are not allowed on the macs...not yet anyways.

I am an arborist and this is coming with me on estimates and with a small wireless printer, will be used for doing professional print-outs on the spot!
and after a hard day in the trees, sitting on the hammock in good weather, or by the fireplace in the winter, this little notebook will be the ticket for me,

that being said, winter is a bit slow, so you will see me here, learning as much as I can! Cheers, and Merry Christmas, albeit a bit early, but, hey, I'm stoked!

Cary
QUOTE Thanks
clayneal

clayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s

Welcome aboard... It's a great place to pass he cold winter away.

MY ADVICE COMES WITH A DOUBLE YOUR MONEY BACK GUARANTEE!
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

Congrats on the present! I can tell you that the love for you machine will only continue to grow. I got my girlfriend a 13" Macbook Pro a few months ago and she's absolutely in love with her machine till this day.

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

CrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB

Wow she is a keeper. Pun intended. ^-^"

死神はリンゴしか食べない。
QUOTE Thanks
southchatham

southchatham is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2006 macbook, 2009 mac mini

You better give her a ring for Christmas, ( that was a big hint) or your in trouble Christmas day
QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

CrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB

Quote:
Originally Posted by southchatham View Post
You better give her a ring for Christmas, ( that was a big hint) or your in trouble Christmas day
That's a pretty big step.

死神はリンゴしか食べない。
QUOTE Thanks
clayneal

clayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s

Quote:
Don't do it man ! That's just crazy talk. Right now she loves you enough to by you a MBP why would you want to change that ?

MY ADVICE COMES WITH A DOUBLE YOUR MONEY BACK GUARANTEE!
QUOTE Thanks
GibsonTreeCare

Location: Near Brockville, Ontario, right on the St. Lawrence river
GibsonTreeCare is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: macbook pro 13" 4 gig's

Exactly man, EXACTLY lol, She added the windows/mac office 08 to the package and it is installed on my notebook plus she just ordered me a magic mouse for it and a new Treeflex arborist saddle that I have drooling over for 2 months now... so i am not changing a thing
QUOTE Thanks
Ballr24

Ballr24 is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: 13 Inch Apple MacBook Pro; 2.40 GHZ, 4GB Ram, 250GB HDD

Congrats on the MBP! Trust me you'll love this thing till' the end of time.
QUOTE Thanks
johnnyFIVE

johnnyFIVE is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: iPad & iphone 3G

Quote:

hahah, shes a keeper for sure!

QUOTE Thanks
droflex

droflex is on a distinguished road

Maybe that computer was her way of proposing. The Lexus December to Remember Sales Event is going on too so check the driveway on Christmas morning. Then you'll know if she REALLY loves you.
QUOTE Thanks
Ballr24

Ballr24 is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: 13 Inch Apple MacBook Pro; 2.40 GHZ, 4GB Ram, 250GB HDD

@droflex, lol
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Installing applications | New mac user, tips? »