Mac Forums

Mac Forums (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/)
-   Switcher Hangout (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/switcher-hangout/)
-   -   Early Christmas gift (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/switcher-hangout/182056-early-christmas-gift.html)

GibsonTreeCare 12-16-2009 07:48 AM

Early Christmas gift

Well, my GF went and did it...;) she bought me a MacBook pro 13" and herself an i-mac, both 4 gig's:) I must say the experience is awesome, they are so easy to use.

Well I should say MINE is so easy, she won't let on on hers, it is for her and mine is for me;)...seems I may have monopolized the pc before...

the pc is in the basement, wiped clean and will be there for the kids via a usb wireless adapter::Cool:, they are not allowed on the macs...not yet anyways.

I am an arborist and this is coming with me on estimates and with a small wireless printer, will be used for doing professional print-outs on the spot!
and after a hard day in the trees, sitting on the hammock in good weather, or by the fireplace in the winter, this little notebook will be the ticket for me,

that being said, winter is a bit slow, so you will see me here, learning as much as I can! Cheers, and Merry Christmas, albeit a bit early, but, hey, I'm stoked!

Cary

clayneal 12-16-2009 07:55 AM

Welcome aboard... It's a great place to pass he cold winter away.

Kash 12-16-2009 10:14 AM

Congrats on the present! I can tell you that the love for you machine will only continue to grow. I got my girlfriend a 13" Macbook Pro a few months ago and she's absolutely in love with her machine till this day.

CrimsonRequiem 12-16-2009 10:57 AM

Wow she is a keeper. Pun intended. ^-^"

southchatham 12-16-2009 12:31 PM

You better give her a ring for Christmas, ( that was a big hint) or your in trouble Christmas day

CrimsonRequiem 12-16-2009 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by southchatham (Post 962866)
You better give her a ring for Christmas, ( that was a big hint) or your in trouble Christmas day

That's a pretty big step.

clayneal 12-16-2009 12:40 PM

Quote:

Don't do it man ! That's just crazy talk. Right now she loves you enough to by you a MBP why would you want to change that ?

GibsonTreeCare 12-16-2009 01:20 PM

Exactly man, EXACTLY:) lol, She added the windows/mac office 08 to the package and it is installed on my notebook plus she just ordered me a magic mouse for it and a new Treeflex arborist saddle that I have drooling over for 2 months now...;) so i am not changing a thing :)

Ballr24 12-16-2009 03:56 PM

Congrats on the MBP! Trust me you'll love this thing till' the end of time. :)

johnnyFIVE 12-16-2009 04:39 PM

Quote:

hahah, shes a keeper for sure!

droflex 12-17-2009 01:27 AM

Maybe that computer was her way of proposing. The Lexus December to Remember Sales Event is going on too so check the driveway on Christmas morning. Then you'll know if she REALLY loves you.:)

Ballr24 12-17-2009 03:18 PM

@droflex, lol