New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

My Apple Experience--Nice computer, Good Value NO

Thread Closed

vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cycledoc22 View Post
yes you are right that this isn't specific to Apple but Apple does charge a very high dollar premium for it's product. One would expect premium consideration of its customers and some protection for them when they purchase the product. At least I would, perhaps that's my delusion. And no, if there were a decent interval between purchase and upgrade I would not be complaining.
What is a "decent interval" then? Is it not possible that there was one and you just happened to be at the end of one?

Whether or not you paid a premium, Apple has no obligation to disclose when they are making changes to their product line. Sure, it can be frustrating when you buy a new machine but if you bought the machine at that price, you obvious felt it was worth what you bought it for or you wouldn't have bought it.

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Mac-Forums Investigates MacKeeper - Confused about MacKeeper? Take a look at this review.
DarkestRitual

DarkestRitual is just really niceDarkestRitual is just really niceDarkestRitual is just really niceDarkestRitual is just really nice
Mac Specs: 13 inch alMacBook 2GHz C2D 4G DDR3, 1.25GHz G4 eMac

Quote:
darkestritual: Did Apple know that it was releasing within one month new hardware that moved the top of the line computer to entry level? If yes, than it was at least deceptive on their part to sell the old model at full price. As I noted above maybe not a scam certainly not the behavior of a company that values its customers and wants to encourage brand loyalty.

As I said at the start quality yes, value NO.
How is it deceptive? As a buyer you know that the industry doesn't stand still and Apple makes no guarantees that the top of the line product from today will be the top of the line product from tomorrow. Plan and simple, you got burned and didn't like it. It could happen to any individual with any company.
cuhnool

cuhnool is a jewel in the roughcuhnool is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3

Why would it's value change how it suits your needs? If you have a top line iMac, that should suit all of yourneeds and just about everything you throw at it. I'm assuming it's a 3.0 gHz processor? Or at least a 2.6 or 8, I forgot what the iMacs before the update had. But still, it's value should mean nothing to how the machine runs and operates.

noobie-353

noobie-353 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 20'' IMac 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM

I bought my iMac 20" a little over a year ago. Subsequently bought 50 shares of AAPL stock @ about $100.00/share. If I want to, I could sell 10 shares now and get my money back for the iMac.:
Cycledoc22

Cycledoc22 is an unknown at this point

nooble-353 thanks for the offer, since I already paid handsomely once for your stock price increase I don't see why I should pay again.

cuhnool; $700 price difference in one month is too much (its' 3. something processor)

We've probably reached the point of diminishing returns on this thread. Thanks for the thoughtful comments. As I said I like my Mac but the price was too steep--and I'll probably look at other alternatives later this year when I replace my laptop.
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
As I said I like my Mac but the price was too steep--and I'll probably look at other alternatives later this year when I replace my laptop.
If the price was too steep...why did you buy it???

Seems kind of silly to pay for something you consider too steep...and then complain about it!

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
noobie-353

noobie-353 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 20'' IMac 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobie-353 View Post
I bought my iMac 20" a little over a year ago. Subsequently bought 50 shares of AAPL stock @ about $100.00/share. If I want to, I could sell 10 shares now and get my money back for the iMac.:
Actually , I wasn"t trying to sell you my stock. Merely suggesting you might think about becoming a AAPL stockholder yourself.
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

Quote:
We've probably reached the point of diminishing returns on this thread.
I agree.

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

Thread Closed

« Hi all! | mobile me or dropbox »