Setting up file sharing

We have a wireless broadband connection at my home to which my mac automatically connects. I just need to enter a password.

There are four computers (one mac and 3 windows pc) which connect to this modem wirelessly to access internet. Can I somehow use my mac to create a network between these four computers so that we can share files among ourselves?

Any suggestions/pointers will be appreciated.

It should not require anything special to share files between Mac and PC in a peer to peer setup. All the computers will be assigned an IP address in the same subnetwork when they connect to your wireless. Just make sure all the computers are in the same workgroup in Windows and you need a user account on the computer sharing files depending on the share settings.

Share a folder from Windows. From the Mac, the Windows computer should display in the Finder sidebar under Shared. Be patient, it takes mine a minute or two to display from a virtual machine running Samba on my host Mac system. If you are in a hurry or nothing displays under the Shared list in the sidebar, try Go/Connect to Server from the Finder menu. Enter the IP address of the windows server sharing files. Also make sure File Sharing is checked under System Preferences/Sharing.

Thread Information