New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

I`m new to apple.

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

SirKit Breaker

SirKit Breaker is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: imac 20 inch

Very good forum, woulld be nice to have a new member room where we can introduce ourselves like most other good forums have.

Cheers..................Howard

I started out life with nothing, and now i still have most of it left
QUOTE Thanks
Sur3Mac

Sur3Mac is a jewel in the roughSur3Mac is a jewel in the roughSur3Mac is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Late 2011 MBP 13" i5/16GB RAM,Early 2007 MB white 13", 2x TV 3rd Gen, ᣦ

We do have an IRC chat room, you know....

QUOTE Thanks
abouttandoutt

abouttandoutt is on a distinguished road

Mucho Felicidades

I bet your gonna look up that word
P.S. I'm still a P.C. but your right excellent forum, better than P.C. i have to admit.....but still I am a P.C. (not advertising)
QUOTE Thanks
drucurlhotmail.

drucurlhotmail. is on a distinguished road

total MAC n00b.
Is the thing about a mac processor basically = 2 Windows processors still true?... you know with them using Pentiums C2D and all?
QUOTE Thanks
abouttandoutt

Lies...*Listens to Ipod Touch* PC Forever...

you know an apple is basically a P.C it's just a different Operating System and Appearance..
QUOTE Thanks
Sur3Mac

Sur3Mac is a jewel in the roughSur3Mac is a jewel in the roughSur3Mac is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Late 2011 MBP 13" i5/16GB RAM,Early 2007 MB white 13", 2x TV 3rd Gen, ᣦ

Quote:
Originally Posted by abouttandoutt View Post

you know an apple is basically a P.C it's just a different Operating System and Appearance..
I think you're being defensive... noone is telling you otherwise.

QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

Quote:

No, really? There's no magical fairy dust inside there, lubricated with unicorn tears? Say it ain't so!

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute

NOTE: Moved to more appropriate forum.

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks
Sur3Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwa107 View Post
No, really? There's no magical fairy dust inside there, lubricated with unicorn tears? Say it ain't so!
He said lubricated....lol

QUOTE Thanks
abouttandoutt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sur3Mac View Post
He said lubricated....lol
How does a chat welcoming a new guy go from the idea of "lubrication" from a forum about the idea of Mac go so...

Quote:
I would say so, that they have magical fairy dust, lubricated with unicorn tears. This is because one laptop is going around 2k and Society is buying it, literally. Even though you can get a basically better processor on P.C. and features, but for the price, I would say Apple has finally found a way to harvest magical fairy dust and lubricated unicorn tears and include it into their deep and most innermost line of Apple products , so I think it's worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sur3Mac View Post
I think you're being defensive... noone is telling you otherwise.
_(A little defensive is better than a little offensive.)_
QUOTE Thanks
Mac SK

Mac SK is a jewel in the roughMac SK is a jewel in the roughMac SK is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Oh the Humanity!....I think my unicorn is leaking!
QUOTE Thanks
abouttandoutt

Hmmm....What is your unicorn....???
QUOTE Thanks
Mac SK

Mac SK is a jewel in the roughMac SK is a jewel in the roughMac SK is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Hmmm....What is your unicorn....???
Drum roll please..Pa Dump..Dump.
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

Quote:
I would say so, that they have magical fairy dust, lubricated with unicorn tears. This is because one laptop is going around 2k and Society is buying it, literally. Even though you can get a basically better processor on P.C. and features, but for the price, I would say Apple has finally found a way to harvest magical fairy dust and lubricated unicorn tears and include it into their deep and most innermost line of Apple products , so I think it's worth it.
Based on this, I'm not sure if you're here to troll or honestly want to get a better handle on the value equation of Apple products. So, I'll sum it up for you and see where you go from here.

Some vendors are better than others, but if you compare identical configurations versus Apple, you'll see that it's not as bad as you thought. These specific comparisons have been done on countless occasions here, so I'm not going to do one right now. Generally speaking, Apple gets about a 15-30% premium on their machines. When you consider the build quality and materials, that's usually a pretty good value. When you consider the OS and accompanying software (and Apple doesn't include any craplets, you get the full versions of the iLife suite, which is a roughly $300 value versus comparable Windows apps), it tips the value equation even further in Apple's favor.

And of course, when you buy an Apple, you get premium tech support that isn't going to tell you to go call Microsoft if there's an OS issue. And that tech support is typically native-English speakers. That's not to say that you can't get the same level of support from other vendors, but it will usually cost you an extra $100-150.

There is certainly value in buying a vertically integrated product from a vendor that controls the hardware, support and OS, and I think that's why "society" buys them.

And of course, if you want to run Windows on it, you can. So, that gives you the best of both worlds and in my opinion is certainly worthy of a premium price.

Now, if you're gaming and intend to use Windows most of the time, by all means, a DIY PC is certainly the best way to go. But for a laptop that is used for general purpose computing, I would have a hard time recommending anything other than an Apple.

QUOTE Thanks
abouttandoutt

You guys are so passive about PC vs Mac...
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« A Question about Renaming Folders | 1 month old MacBook, now they update it?!? »