I have the entire CS4 on a penDisk and I need to install it
    First of all Hello!

Just switched from PC to Mac, but...I'm using an old G4 from a company that came with no DVD/CD drive. I have the entire CS4 on a penDisk and I need to install it in order to do some work, but the files are in ISO. format.

Is there a way that I can make them run from the pen disk??

Thank you all. sorry if it has been answered before, I used the search option but got nothin'.

Cheers**
    N

Specs:
    MacBook
    What happened to your install discs and why don't you just use those with an external drive?

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
    MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
    Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by D3v1L80Y View Post
    What happened to your install discs and why don't you just use those with an external drive?
    Hi D3v1l8Oy, well the install disks broke in the truck during the move.along with other valuable items I had So...i suck at keeping things where they belong.

Luckily (or not, as u can see i'm no IT guy lol, just a newb) I kept it in a pendisk. But they are ISO files so I figured I could install them from the Pendisk but my mac says it "can't open file" after it mounts.

If I burn the files into a dvd and run them in an external drive will it work?

Thanks man.

( still if there's a way to install it from the pendisk...would save me some bucks buying a ED)

Specs:
    nMP 6-core/32Gb/D700/512Gb: rMBP 15" 2.3GHz/16Gb/512Gb: iPhone 6 128Gb: iPad Air 2 128Gb: NEC PA322U
    Well, you'll have a genuine serial number right?

Go to the Adobe site, request a trial DVD of the CS4 Master Collection - enter you're serial number in and you're set...

ALTERNATIVELY, burn your ISO files to two DVDs using something like Toast and then install as per usual.

Quote Originally Posted by martyp View Post
    Well, you'll have a genuine serial number right?

Go to the Adobe site, request a trial DVD of the CS4 Master Collection - enter you're serial number in and you're set...

ALTERNATIVELY, burn your ISO files to two DVDs using something like Toast and then install as per usual.
    Yes Martyp I have a genuine serial number.
    BTW I have CS4 premium collection.

I would use your alternative, but as i stated in my first post, the MAC I'm using (Or starting to use) has no dvd/cd reader. ( that was the first thing I did, I went and burned it to the DVD's but when I opened the slot....well you can figure out what was in there )

Maybe I should give some more facts:

I'm a pc user, first time with a MAC.

The mac i'm starting to use is a powerMac g4 that belonged to the company I work and that I bought when they recicled their machines for the Imacs. For some reason, it has no cd drive installed. (like I said, I'm no IT guy)

The CS4 is mine. I run it perfectly in my HP laptop. I made the back up to the pendisk when I knew i was going to move because I fail at not breaking and losing stuff.Didn't knew it was not the same thing. But forget this part.

The thing is that it doesn't work from the pen disk. And i want to start with the MAc world, so give me a break about the serials.srlsy.It's legit.
    I'm in Europe, everyone uses microsoft.

@d3vil8oy, just grabbed an external drive from a friend. not MAC compatible.

Thanks to all so far.

Specs:
    Way... way too many specs to list.
    Serial #'s are os specific. Your windows SN won't work on OS X and neither will your media. OS X is NOT windows. You'd need to contact Adobe, see if you can trade your Win license for an OS X one and download the OS X software.
    mike
    This machine kills fascists
    Got # ? phear the command line!

Quote Originally Posted by Dysfunction View Post
    Serial #'s are os specific. Your windows SN won't work on OS X and neither will your media. OS X is NOT windows. You'd need to contact Adobe, see if you can trade your Win license for an OS X one and download the OS X software.
    Oh boy, now you added another problem to my case....

I would still be able to keep my Windows CS installed?

mate, thanks alot!!!!!!!!!!!
    i'll do that!!!

Specs:
    nMP 6-core/32Gb/D700/512Gb: rMBP 15" 2.3GHz/16Gb/512Gb: iPhone 6 128Gb: iPad Air 2 128Gb: NEC PA322U
    If you ask Adobe to switch your licence to a different OS you need to destroy the media and uninstall the software from the previous OS...

I believe they charge you for this too - usually the upgrade cost. Give them a ring and they'll explain it to you.

BTW, have a look on eBay for a replacement CD drive, should be able to pick one up cheap. No doubt it'll come in handy if you are keeping the machine anyway.

Thread Information