New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

I am a New iMac Owner!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

lhibrgr

lhibrgr is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 20" intel iMac MA876LL/A

Hi! I am a retired electronics service person. I have been a electronics technician since September 1961 and worked on anything that stays on the ground (nothing that leaves the ground)! I have always used PCs and lived with the problems that they provide to the world and when my son came home to visit us this last summer ... he brought with him a new 24" iMac!! He let me play with it for about 3 weeks and I liked it. Since I am a tech by trade I went to ebay and found a disabled 20" intel duo Core 2 system that had a defective hard drive! (And pretty cheap at that) I obtain a service manual (via ebay) and did my technical thing to it. Within 1 hour, I had the defective drive out...identified it (was still under warranty) obtained a replacement from the manufacture and I am totally happy with the iMac. Of course, I obtained Snow Leopard and the iWork09 etc. Even added a Time Machine (a Vantec Firewire 800 ext case) and now I am going to see if I can provide some technical support to this forum ... if needed.
Again...I am very very pleased with my apple product!!!
QUOTE Thanks
iPod Nano

iPod Nano is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: White MacBook. iLife '09. iWork '09. Mac OS X 10.6

That's great! Welcome to the forum! Feel free to jump in! The more people here who know how to solve problems, the better! It's like free tech support where everyone is both a support agent and a product user!

Chris K.
QUOTE Thanks
lhibrgr

lhibrgr is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 20" intel iMac MA876LL/A

FYI I did serve a National Tech Support for a large computer service organization here in the USA!!
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Enjoy that iMac!

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
Sur3Mac

Sur3Mac is a jewel in the roughSur3Mac is a jewel in the roughSur3Mac is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Late 2011 MBP 13" i5/16GB RAM,Early 2007 MB white 13", 2x TV 3rd Gen, ᣦ

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigoo3 View Post
Enjoy that iMac!

- Nick

Ditto here....

QUOTE Thanks
mac747

mac747 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 2.2GHZ Macbook Pro - 4GB RAM - 500GB HD

Cool! Welcome!
QUOTE Thanks
clayneal

clayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s

Welcome and enjoy !
QUOTE Thanks
Chris H.

Chris H. is a jewel in the roughChris H. is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: late 2009 MacBook - 10.9

Sweet. Enjoy it here! I'm using a Power Mac, older than the hills (so it seems, at least with the PPC processor).

 iPad mini 1st gen - iOS 8.0
 iPod touch 5th gen - iOS 8.0
 Mac mini Server M10 - OS X 10.9.4
 MacBook Uni L09 - OS X 10.10 PB3
QUOTE Thanks
toMACsh

toMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to all
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core 2 Duo

Welcome! Love your story. Too often the story from "switchers" is "This thing doesn't work! It won't do things my old Dell did so well!! I'm ready to throw this piece of junk in the garbage!" Of course, the problem is the operator not the OS.
QUOTE Thanks
theOneKrishna

theOneKrishna is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MBP 17" 2.2ghz i7 quadcore 8gbRAM 750gbHD 1.0gbVRAM Radeon 6570M iPod Touch 4G 32gb iPhone 4S

Welcome to the Forum!
QUOTE Thanks
iPod Nano

iPod Nano is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: White MacBook. iLife '09. iWork '09. Mac OS X 10.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by toMACsh View Post
Of course, the problem is the operator not the OS.
No, not necessarily. Windows seems to have a mind of it's own and just doesn't do what you want it to do, and on top of that everything seems to be harder than it should.

Chris K.
QUOTE Thanks
ImageX

ImageX will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 17" MBP C2D 2.8 4GB OS X 10.8 | iPhone 5

iPod, I think he was referring to OS X not Windows. Welcome to the forums lhibrgr. I like how you even fixed your first Mac and even better, you love it! Keep digging around in there I'm sure you'll find some neat stuff.

"The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese."

Remember to use the Reputation System!
QUOTE Thanks
bobc4775

bobc4775 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: imac dual core 2.4g with 2gb ram

I'm a retired postal technician that used to design power supplies for a living - before the job moved over to China.
I bought my refurbed imac in late 2007 and have been very happy with it. I still have 3 windows boxes and a dell laptop running XP or 2000 but use the imac most of the time.
Enjoy the ride!

Bobc

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhibrgr View Post
Hi! I am a retired electronics service person. I have been a electronics technician since September 1961 and worked on anything that stays on the ground (nothing that leaves the ground)!
Again...I am very very pleased with my apple product!!!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« getting into folders | Notes function in Mail »