New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Internet and Windows via Bootcamp

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

amagzz

amagzz is on a distinguished road

Can someone help me with setting up internet on my BootCamp Windows OS for Mac?

Ok, so I just recently installed BootCamp on my Mac and made a Windows Vista Home Premium Lite partition. I've been trying all day to get internet on the partition when I run it but with no success.

I have an Airport Express so I thought if I just installed the software given to me on from the purchase of the router, that I would be able to pick up the Base Station and get wireless. No such luck...It says that it can't find any networks and also on my network preferences, there is no option to switch to a wireless network.

Now, I haven't installed the CD that you get when you buy a MacBook Pro and I know that you have to do that because it contains software for the BootCamp partition. I just moved to New York from California because I'm going to college here and I didn't think about taking that.

So anyone have any help? Is it because I haven't installed the drivers and programs that Mac provides for BootCamp partitions? Should I have my family send it asap?
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

By all means have your family send you your OS X DVD. Without it you can not install drivers and without drivers you will not get on the internet. Plus, you won't be able to utilize sound and video to the fullest extent while in Vista.

Since you're in NY, why don't you go to the nearest Apple store or Best Buy and purchase Snow Leopard (OS X 10.6) for $29. You can use the Snow Leopard DVD to install drivers for Boot Camp. The Snow Leopard DVD has the latest drivers for XP and Vista..

Regards.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Uninstalling programmes | Active window question/problems »