New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

So now I meed games for Mac OS where do I get them?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

ImmortalBeloved

ImmortalBeloved is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MBP 13 Inch Aluminum 2.26 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo 2 GB

I find it kind of lame that you can't just buy games from itunes like you can everything else. Am I wrong about this? If so please let me know I would LOVE to be wrong but all I have been able to find it iphone games. I did download the Mac Games Arcade from the Apple website. It's very similar to itunes which makes me wonder why I need two apps for stuff I download and buy. Anyway, where is a good place to get games for mac online? I want to be able to pay and download them. Preferably from Apple but the Mac Games Arcade selection is very limited. When will Apple integrate these apps? They should be intergrated imho. I bought a slots game at Frys that is supposed to be for Mac and it will not install not matter what I do. I checked the website of the maker and there was a patch at one time I guess but nothing happens when I click it. I am assuming because the game is from 2006 that the patches are just not available anymore. It sucks. It's a Phantom FX game. Good thing I got it for under 4.00 lol I have another version for my PC that I love so that's why I bought it.

Anyway if anyone can give me any advice I'd appreciate it. Thanks!
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

here are a few of my bookmarks

Jay is Games - Flash and Casual Game reviews, walkthroughs, room escape games, point and click games, puzzle games and more!

Battle for Wesnoth

Macgamestore: Mac Games, Hardware, and More

Florensia Western Global | F2P next-gen MMOG from Japan | afloat and ashore | www.florensia-online.com

Mac Games | Big Fish Games

RealArcade

and a ton of exploring to do here

Apple - Downloads - Mac OS X - Games

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
ImmortalBeloved

Thanks for the links!! Much appreciated!
QUOTE Thanks
jaapengel79

jaapengel79 is on a distinguished road

I agree it's 'weird' that there's no AppStore for Mac OS X applications and -games though. One central point from which you can buy and download software for your Mac.
QUOTE Thanks
S.SubZero

S.SubZero is a jewel in the roughS.SubZero is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaapengel79 View Post
I agree it's 'weird' that there's no AppStore for Mac OS X applications and -games though. One central point from which you can buy and download software for your Mac.
Retro-fitting the existing app catalog (like games which have copy protection and such) would be expensive and a hassle for what would be potentially very few sales. The iTunes App Store is designed for small apps which can be tightly controlled because they have known their entire life on that store. Trying to scale that up to multi-gigabyte games and apps would take way too much bandwidth.
QUOTE Thanks
DarkestRitual

DarkestRitual is just really niceDarkestRitual is just really niceDarkestRitual is just really niceDarkestRitual is just really nice
Mac Specs: 13 inch alMacBook 2GHz C2D 4G DDR3, 1.25GHz G4 eMac

\m/ nice name.
QUOTE Thanks
ImmortalBeloved

Well I'm obviously no expert but I personally would buy games if they had them available on itunes. I don't have an iphone so I don't buy those apps but I do buy lots of music, movies, music videos and surely I would buy games too. It seems weird to me that it's not an option except for with Mac Games Arcade. I like the app because it makes downloading and organizing easy. Also browsing titles but wish that it didn't have to be a seperate app than itunes.

Thanks!
QUOTE Thanks
jaapengel79

jaapengel79 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.SubZero View Post
Retro-fitting the existing app catalog (like games which have copy protection and such) would be expensive and a hassle for what would be potentially very few sales. The iTunes App Store is designed for small apps which can be tightly controlled because they have known their entire life on that store. Trying to scale that up to multi-gigabyte games and apps would take way too much bandwidth.
Maybe so, but it works perfectly well for Steam (the Windows-based platform that basically does what 'we' would like). Ofcourse, the Windows market is still bigger than the Mac's, but it's plausible to downsize accordingly..
QUOTE Thanks
Nikonshooter

Nikonshooter is on a distinguished road

I play FLAT OUT 2 from Deliver2Mac.com, Download Mac Games and Applications Brilliant!

27' iMac i5 2.7 10.7.1  1TB HD  16GB DDR3 - AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB - Magic Trackpad * White iPhone 4s 16GB  iPad 2 64GB  iPod Nano 1st Generation  iPod Nano 6th Generation  iPod Touch 1st Generation  MacBook Unibody 1st Generation 
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikonshooter View Post
Added to my bookmarks - looks like some nice adventure games.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Classic environment is no longer supported? | Recovering Passwords »