New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

installing Windows

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

amagzz

amagzz is on a distinguished road

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to install BootCamp for the first time and I went to the utility program and ran it. I put in my Windows Vista Home Premium Lite install disc in and the install went smooth.

But when, I finished and it was running Windows, I couldn't switch back to my Mac OS. I restarted the computer and the setup, I expected to see an option to either choose Mac or Windows and nothing came to my surprise. Except, it went back to the Windows OS. So I restarted again, and this time when it was in the gray Mac loading screen, I fervently pressed the eject button so that my disc would come out. I did this because while in the Windows OS, it wouldn't eject my install disc because it said it was in use still (so I assumed that the OS was running off of my install disk). With my luck, the disc came out, but now I can't ever get back to my Windows OS partition.

As you can tell, this is all very confusing to me. I think it should be noted that when I was doing the initial install process, I opted to put in my product key after because I couldn't find it at the moment. Could that have caused it to run off my disc? I found it now, so should I just retry the process?

Help!
QUOTE Thanks
gagnerants

gagnerants is a jewel in the roughgagnerants is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: iPod Nano 4gb, 20" 2.66 GHz Core 2 Duo, 2GB of ram, ATI HD 2600 pro

You have to hold down Option when you boot up the computer that will bring up a little selection space.
QUOTE Thanks
amagzz

amagzz is on a distinguished road

really? that's all?

man i feel stupid.

thanks so much.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« A Few Things I Don't Miss About Windows | iTunes default file types »