New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

External Speakers

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

krishnadassls

krishnadassls is on a distinguished road

Hi friends. I am looking out for some suggestions for external speakers to be used with my macbook. Kindly suggest where i need to look for the same.
QUOTE Thanks
mdfuller

mdfuller is a jewel in the roughmdfuller is a jewel in the roughmdfuller is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 15-inch MacBook Pro

I really like these for traveling. Not sure if that is a concern for you:

Logitech > Audio > Speakers > V20 Notebook Speakers
QUOTE Thanks
torchy

torchy is a jewel in the roughtorchy is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 13" MBA. 15" MBP. iPhone 4. 3G Pad 2.

I use two USB powered Altec Lansing notebook speakers. Sound is much better than the internal MBP speakers. I'm mobile 24/7 so powered speakers are not an option for me.

As you have not stated which Country you are living in the second question is difficult to answer.
Generally any large retailer who sells printers and computers would have a range.

~ 13" MacBook Air. OSX 10.9 ~ iPad 2 & iPhone ~
QUOTE Thanks
krishnadassls

krishnadassls is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by torchy View Post
I use two USB powered Altec Lansing notebook speakers. Sound is much better than the internal MBP speakers. I'm mobile 24/7 so powered speakers are not an option for me.

As you have not stated which Country you are living in the second question is difficult to answer.
Generally any large retailer who sells printers and computers would have a range.
I live in UK now. I am wondering if i could connect any of those bose speakers shown on the mac book accesories section on the apple website.
QUOTE Thanks
ZorroAMG

ZorroAMG is a jewel in the roughZorroAMG is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: | '09 24" iMac 3.06 8GB | '09 iPhone 3GS 32GB | '09 ATV 1.16TB | '07 23" ACD | '06 15" MBP |

Yes, you can. I have the bose Companion 3's and they sound AMAZING.

They connect via your headphone jack.

QUOTE Thanks
didymus

didymus will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Model Identifier: iMac9,1 Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo Processor Speed: 2.66 GHz

It's a good idea to do a search first, see:

Recommendation for a good set of speakers ?
QUOTE Thanks
richsadams

richsadams will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: iMac 27" Late 2013 - 3.5GHz Core i7 - 32GB RAM - GTX 780< 4GB GPU

I've had Logitech's Z-4 2.1 speakers for a couple of years now and have been very pleased with them. (Not portable though) $75 at Amazon.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« macbook pro connection | All Mail goes to SPAM Folder »